NINE.

third person pov

taehyung witnessed jimin & yoongi kissing, silently cooing at the public display of affection.

although, he couldn't help but hide his envy.

it'd been weeks, & he had not conversed with jungkook once.

apparently, jungkook was dating a female named sana.

from taehyung's perspective, his feelings for her seemed pretty genuine, considering that the ravenette had not made eye contact with him once.

jungkook's behavior at his party reflected how he truly felt about taehyung, so he chose to ultimately leave the younger alone for good.

unfortunately, the younger seemed unfazed by this, which pained taehyung more.

"ok, we get it. you guys are cute. now let's get going to lunch," taehyung lightly chuckled, entering the cafeteria with yoongi & jimin.

taehyung sat down & formed a confused expression on his face when yoongi & jimin continue walking.

"wait, where are you guys off to?"

"i'm sitting at yoongi's table. c'mon, you should sit with us," jimin responded.

taehyung glanced at yoongi's table & saw several boys, including the ravenette.

"n-no, it's fine. i enjoy eating alone, anyway," taehyung assured, forcing a smile onto his face.

park jimin would be a fool not to notice.

"nope, you're not eating alone. let's go, there's space over there, anyways."

"jimin...jungkook," taehyung muttered, attempting to get jimin to understand the hint.

"i know, i'm not stupid. you guys have been avoiding each other for a while now, so what difference will it make? c'mon tae, get up."

taehyung rolled his eyes & slowly rose up, walking aside his friends to the table.

"wassup, whores. this is jimin & if you aren't already aware, taehyung," yoongi greeted, embracing the faint smile on his face.

jungkook flinched at the sound of taehyung's name, but refused to look up from his phone.

jimin sat down & taehyung froze, noticing the only space left was next to the ravenette.

"what are you doing? sit down. no worries, you're welcomed here," hoseok spoke, paying homage to the younger.

taehyung swore that hoseok was literally the physical embodiment of sunshine.

slightly flustered, he sat next to jungkook; trying his hardest to avoid eye contact with the other.

jungkook scooted toward the opposite direction of taehyung, causing the dirty blonde to internally sigh.

he must really hate me, he thought, frowning.

disentertained, the dirty blonde glanced at jungkook's phone using his peripheral vision, wondering what was intriguing him so much.

then, the impossible hit him.

"are you scrolling through our old messages?"

"why the fuck are you invading my privacy?" jungkook questioned, with defense in his tone.

taehyung wasn't having it.

"how am i invading your privacy if what you're doing involves me? you haven't spoken to me in a long ass time, so of course im going to question you," he replied, furrowing his eyebrows in annoyance.

"i don't fucking care – stop interacting with me."

"of course you don't care. you're too preoccupied with that sana chick that caring about others would be the last thing you do," taehyung muttered to himself.

jungkook slammed his large hand on the table, startling the hell out of everyone.

"goddamnit tae, can't you see that i'm in love with you?! if you weren't so fucking thick-skulled & pressed over suho, you would've noticed that i'm using sana to get over you!" he angrily yelled, standing up.

"no, i actually can't see! how could anybody notice that you 'love' me when you treat me like pure shit? oh, & get your facts straight – suho & i broke up weeks ago," taehyung slightly shouted back, with tears welling up in his eyes.

taehyung glanced over at a pained sana, who overheard the whole argument.

he felt agony for her, aware that jungkook was just using her as a coping mechanism.

"well, it seems to me that you still have feelings for him. every time, every damn time, he's seen with a girl, you're always staring him down. why the fuck are you entertaining his shenanigans? why must you be so gullible towards him?" jungkook asked, with slight softness in his voice.

"i-...i just- forget it," the dirty blonde whispered with fat tears rolling down his cheeks, immediately leaving the cafeteria.

"how the fuck could i allow him to embarrass me like that? suho was probably in the cafeteria, dying of laughter," taehyung thought, sitting down on the steps

wiping the tears was no use.

letting all of his emotions out at once was all that could help him at this very moment.

hearing footsteps, taehyung brought his head down. he refused to appear feeble to whoever that mystery person was.

taehyung eyed the person who sat next to him.

he felt a small smile creep up on his face, knowing the person had a red, puffy face, resembling his.

"let's go back to the old times," the ravenette softly murmured, bringing out his hand for the dirty blonde to hold.

ik, i'm literally the author & kook's emotions are leaving me puzzled—