Chapter Two

Ross's pov

Laura Marano. Bad girl of Dalton High. I am going to have fun with this. Every bad girl has a back story and I am determined to figure it out. Whatever it takes. There's just something about her that makes want to know her. No I don't like her. Not in that way at least.

I was already finished with the class assignment so I decided to mess with Laura. I wrote a note and passed it to her. The note said " Well hey there gorgeous. Who might you be?"

She just looked at me with a confused look and read the note. I saw a slight smile appear on her face but a second later her face was stone cold.

The note conversation:

Ross~ Well hey there gorgeous. Who might you be?

Laura~ Not interested

Ross~ I'm not hitting on you Laura. I was just being nice

Laura~ How do you know my name?!

Ross~ People talk ;)

Laura~ You sure you're not hitting on me?

Ross~ Oh I'm sure Marano

Laura~ Your name?

Ross~ That is something for me to know and you to find out on your own.

Laura didn't have time to respond back. The bell to signal the end of class and beginning of first lunch came over the intercoms. I gathered my things together and stood from my desk and walked out of class. But not before I turn and look behind me to see Laura smirking at me. I gave her a little wink and headed off to lunch.

I walked into the cafeteria and looked around. Everyone was sitting with their friends. Great! I'm gonna look like the loser of the school. I go and get my lunch and scan the cafeteria for a seat. As I'm looking I see Laura walk into the cafeteria with a group of friends. She looks towards me and our eyes lock. I couldn't turn away. I didn't want to. "Ross!!" I hear a male voice yell my name. I turn to see Calum frantically waving his hands at me, motioning for me to join him. I walk over to him and his friends. As soon as I got there Calum introduced me to his friends.

"Hey Ross! These are my friends. The blonde one is Aiden. The brunette is Ethan. And lastly, the other Brunette is Jace."

I gave them all a head nod and told them my name. "So tell us about yourself." Jace, I think, said.

"Well, um, I'm 17. I'm obviously a senior. Um I'm in a band with my brothers and best friend. And I love music."

"Woah you're in a band?!? That's awesome! But if your in a band with your family then where are they?" Aiden asked.

"We'll my brother Riker is out of school and so is my sister Rydel, My brother Rocky and friend Ellington. They decided not to go to college so we could focus on our band. That's the reason we moved here. My brother Ryland decided he wanted to be homeschooled, but I wanted a high school experience." I explained.

They all nodded and started talking about their lives and I honestly wasn't paying attention. My attention was on Laura Marano sitting at the table next to us.

Laura's Pov

There's something about that guy. I don't know what he is but he seems..... Dare I say it..... Trustworthy. I haven't found that in a guy in a long time. Maybe I should give him a chance? What!?!? Laura stop! You can't let him in! He'll break you just like... Shutup!!! I think to myself. I can't even think his name. It still hurts.

As I'm walking down the hallway I see my friends, Raini, Chelsea, and Aria, running towards me. We all head toward the cafeteria as I tell them about that guy.

"I know he wants me." I tell them. I have to keep acting like I don't find him interesting. I have to keep my image. The only person I can tell is Raini. I'll do that later.

We walk into the cafeteria carrying on and laughing. I stop as soon as my eyes land on the familiar blonde. He looks back at me and neither of us turn away until someone calls his name. "Is that the guy?" I hear Raini ask from beside me. I look over to see the other girls gone. They probably went to our table. "Yep. That's him. He seems.... Interesting. He knows my name but I don't know his." I explain to her. "Oh it's Ross. Ross Lynch." She informs me. "And how do you know that?" I ask while laughing at my best friend. "Laura you know me! I know everything." She laughs along with me. We then head to our table and see the girls already there. We talked about the school prom that was coming up in a few months. But I zoned out. I don't have a date so I'm not even sure if I'm going. I look over to the table next to us and see Ross staring at me. I smirk to myself and stand up. The girls didn't notice since they were so into their conversation. I walk over to Ross' table and say "Ross Lynch." I smirk at him and he give me a half smile as I turn and walk out the cafeteria doors. Lunch was almost over anyway.