Chapter twenty

Laura's Pov

"Laura! You have to come home now! It's your mom!" After that he hung up. Why would dad just hang up like that? Is mom okay? Is dad okay? Is Vanessa okay? What's happening? So many questions running through my mind and I need the answer.

"I am so sorry Noah, but there's something wrong with my mom and I'm really worried. My dad sounded like he was getting ready to cry and h.e NEVER cries. Something is really wrong." I explain while picking up my bags.

"Don't worry about it I totally understand. I hope everything's okay."

"Me too. Hey um Noah?" I stopped packing my things and looked him in the eye. "Thank you I had fun and thank you for being so understanding. I tell you what. Tomorrow night we can go out. How does that sound?"

"Sounds perfect." He kisses my cheek and I head home.

I walk inside to see nobody here. "Mom! Dad! Vanessa! Where is everybody?"

"Laura?!" I hear somebody scream my name from behind me.

I turn around to find Ross standing in the doorway.

"Ross? What are you doing here?"

"No time to explain! I saw everything! Your family is at the hospital. They ride in an ambulance. Laura...... It didn't look too good." He looked at me with sympathetic eyes. He then grabbed my hand and we headed towards his car.

The hospital was only and ten minute drive so it didn't take long. As soon as Ross parked the car I ran into the hospital. I ran in and the first person I saw was my dad.

"Dad! What's wrong? What happened?"

"Honey... Apparently someone broke into the house. We don't know what they wanted but I came home from work and your mother was laying in the cold hard ground with... With several knife wounds. It turns out that whoever stabbed her punctured a lung. Your mother is in surgery right now. They don't know if she'll make it."

Ross's Pov

I ran into the hospital just in time to hear Laura's dad tell her that her mom might not make it. Laura wasn't moving she just stood there. I walked up to re and wrapped we in a hug. That seemed to be the only thing that would calm her down. I remembered that I had brought some cards with me just in case.

"Hay Laura? Do you want to play cards? It could get your mind off if things." She just smiled at me and nodded we head. Maybe everything will be okay with us after all.

(Two hours later)

"Boom UNOOOO!!!! And one more card!!!! Yes!!! I win!! Yes!!!" Laura screams as she lays her last card down.

"Woah so not fair! You totally cheated!" I know I sound like a four year old but I don't care.

"No I didn't!"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

With each word we were getting closer and closer together. Maybe this is it! Maybe ill kiss her and she'll forgive me!

We kept leaning in until we were interrupted.

"The Marano family?"

We all stood up to hear what the doctor had to say.

"Okay guys there is good new and bd news. The good new is your mother survived the surgery." We all took a sigh if relief and smiled at each other.

"But....." There it is the word that ruins everything.

.

.

.

.

.

.

. Well guys I hope you enjoy! Please tell me what you think I really want to know! Anyway love ya! Stay sexy!

xoxo

~Sara