Chapter eight

Laura's Pov

Oh my gosh! It's him! I can't believe he's here!! I knew something bad was going to happen! I should have listened to myself. I turn around slowly to see th.e devil himself standing in front of me.

"Chase. What are you doing here?" I said coldly and gave him a death glare.

He chuckled and smirked at me. Oh how I hate that smirk. "Oh Laura sweet sweet Laura. Don't you remember?"

"Remember what? How you hurt me? How you literally broke me?!" I was starting to get really mad.

"I never hurt you. I just gave you what you deserved baby. And don't you remember? When the cops were taking me away I told you that I would come back for you. And now we can be together. I love you Laura. I always have. Just come with me and we can be happy. Together." He held out his handing waiting for me to take ahold of it.

"Ha! Like I'd ever go anywhere with you! Yes I loved you at one point but I regret it! I wish I never met you! You're an awful human being and you must be crazy if you think I love you! I don't love you!" I screamed. I could tell he was furious and honestly it scared me. I know what he's capable of. He walked up to me and all of the sudden I'm on the floor holding my face from the forceful slap he gave me.

"Ahhhh!!!" I screamed.

"Shut up! Or you'll get another one!" He said raising his hand up getting ready to hit me again. Next thing I know Chase is being knocked to the ground.

Ross' Pov:

I went to get my car and parked it in front of the school. Laura should be here by now. Maybe she's talking to a friend or one of her teachers so I waited a few minutes but when she didn't come out after ten minutes I started to worry. I ran inside looking for Laura and I turned the comer just in time to see some guy slap Laura sending her to the ground holding her cheek. I couldn't contain myself. I ran up to the guy and tackled him to the floor. I started throwing punches left and right until I saw blood on my hands. Nothing serious just a broken nose.... Hopefully.... I got off of him and pulled him off the ground. I gave him the meanest scariest look I could. "If you EVER touch her again, I will personally kill you myself." I said through clenched teeth. I let him go and pushed him towards the door.

"Next time your little boyfriend won't be here to protect you Marano."

I was about to punch him again but Laura pulled me back giving me a pleading look and the guy walked away.

"Laura who was that?"

"I'm not ready."

"Laura come on!! I need to know! I'm trying to protect you but how am I supposed to do that if you won't let me know what's going on!" I know she's not ready but I'm getting tired of this.

"Ross! I'm not ready! Okay? Just take me home! Please." She whispered the last part and I felt sorry for her. I pulled her into a hug as she cried into my chest whispering soothing things in her ear. "Shhh it's going to be okay baby. Don't worry. I'm here. I'll never leave you. I'm here to protect you." She just nodded against my chest and hugged me tighter. After a few minutes we headed to the car. On the way to her house the car ride was silent. Not awkward just....... Comfortable. Once we got to her house I opened the car door for her and walked we to the front door. I gave her a hug and then started walking back to my car when I heard her soft sweet voice.

"Ross?"

I turn around "Yeah Laura?"

"I'm ready to tell you."

"Are you sure Laura? I don't want to push you to tell me. I know it's hard for you."

"I uh um I uh I trust you Ross. I'm ready to tell you."

I smiled glad she finally trust me and followed her into the house. We said hi to her parents and headed upstairs to we room. We sat on her bed for a minute before Laura spoke up.

"That guy.... That was the guy I told you about. The one who hurt me and came back. His name is Chase. He didn't just 'hurt' me Ross. It wasn't just a heartbreak. He abused me...... Bad......"

Laura's Pov:

When I was thirteen I met Chase. We were friends at first but after a couple of weeks I had a huge crush on him. When he finally asked me out I was thrilled! And the first couple months of our relationship were amazing! I was in love and I thought he was too. He started to act weird after our two month anniversary. He started to fight with me more. We would get into more arguments as he would storm away from me. I thought it was just a phase in our relationship so I didn't bother to tell anyone. But one day he got mad at me because I went out with some friends that were guys. It's wasn't all guys though. It was me, Raini, and my cousins Jack and Marcus. He got so jealous. Even though he know they were my cousins he didn't want me out with any other guys. We got into a huge argument and I told him that I wanted to take a break and that was the first time he slapped me. He apologised afterwords and said if was an accident and that he loved me. I believed him. But it kept happening. When ever I didn't do something he wanted me to he would hit me. I would never tell anyone. If they saw the bruise I would tell them I fell. One day I bought Chase cheating in me with some girl named Rachel and I yelled at him. He got so furious so he hit me but he didn't stop there. Once I was in the ground he kicked and punched me as many times as be could. The he got a knife. He took it and sliced it across my stomach. I still have the scar." I lifted my shirt up to reveal a five inch long scar on my stomach. Tears were streaming down mine and Ross' face but I kept going. I had to keep going. "After that he kicked me one last time as left. I called the police and my parents right before I passed out. I woke up in the hospital and had to tell my parents and sister everything. It turns out that I had gotten hit in the head so many times and I lost so much blood that I was in a coma for about a month. When I got out of the hospital I had to go to the police station and identify Chase. We went and I told them which one Chase was and then the police hand cuffed him and carried him to jail. But I will never forget those words he said to me on his way to the police car. He said "I'll be back for you Marano. You just wait."

By now I was crying and so was Ross.

I could tell he was trying to hold in his tears for me. "Ross you don't have to cry for me. I have you now don't I?"

He smiled at me. The smile that I love. Okay maybe I have a small crush in Ross..... "Yes you do. And Laura?"

"Yeah Ross?"

"I wanna be a super hero. Can you guess what my name will be?"

I just laughed at him and smiled. "Superman? Spider-Man? Batman?" I didn't know very many superheroes.

His smile grew even bigger. "Nope YourMan."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

A/N

So guys... This chapter was pretty emotional huh? Anyway that YourMan quote at the end isn't mine js.

Anyway tell me what you guys think!!! Love ya! Stay sexy!!

xoxo

~Sara