Chapter three

Laura's Pov

Finally!! School is over!!! I head over to my house and run into my sister Vanessa. "Sorry Nessa!" I say as I run upstairs to get my things ready for the sleepover at Raini's. I grab everything I need. Clothes, make up, deodorant, perfume, toothbrush, curling iron, shoes, phone and phone charger. I double check to make sure I got everything and head downstairs. I go down stairs and see my mom in the kitchen cooking. I give her a hug and tell her where I'm going. "Okay, but make sure you're back by 2 o'clock tomorrow we have guests coming over." I give her a quick nod before I hug my dad and sister and hop into my car. Raini's house was a good 20 minutes away from mine so I turn the radio on. But honestly I was too wrapped up in my thoughts to pay attention to it. For some reason my mid drifted to Ross. His perfect hair. His smile. That smirk he gives me. I haven't felt like this in a long time. Stop it Laura! You can't like Ross! He'll hurt you!

Well maybe I can be friends with him? That's okay right? Yeah I'll just be friends with him. Nothing more. Nothin less. I actually need another friend. All of my other friends, besides Raini, are backstabbers.

I finally arrive at Raini's house. I jump out of the car with my stuff and head towards the door. I don't even get to knock before Raini opens the door. "Time to partayyyyy!!!!!" She screams. I just giggle at her and head up to her room to get ready.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

This is the best party ever!!! Just Raini and I in our pjs eating ice cream and cookies and watching 'Dear John' (I do not own). You thought we were going to go to a party and get drunk didn't you? I only act like a bad girl at school thank you very much. Whoever you are you are a judgy person. (Just kidding guys)

The movie ends and Raini turns to me with a smile. "Why are you looking at me and smiling?" I ask. "It's kinda creepy."

"Sooo...... What up with you and that Ross guy?" She finally says what's on her mind. I should have known.

"Nothing" I say

"Oh come on Laura!! It's defiantly not "nothing"!!! It's defiantly something!" She says raising her voice a little.

"Look Raini, you know it's hard for me to trust people. That's why I act the way I do at school. I don't want to get hurt after what happened with...."

"I know you don't have to explain it again." She says.

I give her a small smile and continue with what I was saying. "I've thought about it and I need another friend and I figured he could be that friend. Nothing more. Nothing less."

"Laura..... I think you're starting to like him."

"What?!? Pfffttt no! There is no way I'd like Ross. I don't even know if I can trust him!!!" I defend. I can't like Ross can I? No! I don't like people. They like me. I don't get hurt. I won't let myself get hurt. But maybe I do like Ross.... No no no no friends that's it friends. I think to myself.

"Really Laura? Because normally you wouldn't trust anyone long enough to give them a chance and be their friend." Well that shut me up. I look at the time and it said 1:35 am. "Let's go to bed I'm tired." And so we fall asleep.

(The Next Morning)

I wake up at 8:30 am and decide I should start getting ready. Raini won't be up for another hour or two so I have plenty of time to shower before she gets up. I grab my clothes and head to the bathroom. I hop in the shower and start to wash off. And again my mind drifts off to Ross. I shake my head to clear it and just sing. Yes I sing I play piano and guitar too. Surprise surprise. I finished with my shower and I get dressed and fix my hair and make up. I wore a floral dress with some black flats since we had guests coming to my house later. I put on my make up. I don't wear much just a hint of mascara and I'm done. I don't need a lot of make up because like I said before. I'm pretty hot. I walk back to the living room where Raini and I fell asleep last night and see Raini rubbing her eyes. She must have just woke up." Raini it's 10:30 I've got to go. We have guests coming over at 2 and I want to stop by the mall to get a few things. Thanks for letting me spend the night." I say as I gathered up my things. "Okay and no problem." As I'm walking out the door I hear Raini shout. "Think about the Ross thing! You know you like him!" I just shake my head and hop in my car.

I head to the mall. I needed to see if Rue 21 (I do not own) finally had that shirt I wanted. Last time I came they were sold out. Hopefully they'll have it. I walk into the mall and head towards Rue 21. As I'm walking I see the blondie himself. Ross Lynch. And guess what? He was with a girl. I felt this pang in my stomach when I saw them. The girl had blonde hair and was almost as tall as Ross. I ignored the pain in my stomach assuming it was just because I hadn't eaten all day. Ross glanced up at me and gave me a head nod and a smirk. I just continue my way towards Rue 21. I go in and find the shirt and buy it. I check the time 11:45. I had time to stop by the Star Bucks (I do not own) in the mall and get me a latte. After I get my latte I walk towards the entrance of the mall. I no longer see Ross and that chick anymore and I sighed in relief. I don't know why I did that but I did. I head towards my car and drive home. By the time I got home it was 12:45. I walked in and decided since I was already dressed and ready I'd help my mother cook. Five minutes before two I heard a knock on the door and I see an older couple that are my parents age, a blonde haired boy, brown haired boy, another brown haired boy, and another. Then I see Ross lynch Himself and that girl he was with at the mall.

Ross' pov

I knew I had a dinner with my parents to attend today, but Rydel (my sister) needed a ride to them mall. Her car was being repaired at the moment so I decided to be nice and take her. We walked into the mall and she stopped me.

"Ross something is bothering you."

"No it's not I'm perfectly fine." As I said that I look up to see Laura I nod towards her and give her a smirk but she just ignores me. Hard to get. I like it. Rydel just scoffed at me and we went to the store to get whatever we came here for. I wanted to get out of here as fast as I could. I hate shopping!! She finally got done so we headed to the house to meet mom and dad. As soon as we got there my siblings, Ellington and my parents all huddle into the car.

We were going to eat at my dads manager's house. We soon got there in about 10 minutes. We all walked up to the door and the beautiful Laura Marano answered the door. She looks at all of us but as soon as her eyes land on me they get bigger.

"Come on in." She says with the sweet smile in her face. We all walk in and my father introduces us.

" Hello my name is Mark and this is my wife Stormie. These are my sons Riker, Rocky, Ross, and Ryland and my daughter Rydel and their best friend, who lives with us, Ratliff but you can also call him Ellington." After my dad said that Rydel was my sister I could have sworn I heard a sigh of relief come from her mouth but I ignored it. She nods and shakes all of our hands while introducing herself. When she gets to me she smirks at me and I do the same. "Marano" I say. She laughs and responds with "Lynch"

She leads us towards the kitchen and we all sit down at the table. My father once again introduces us to Laura's parents and we dig into the food.

Laura's pov

As we were all eating it was like everyone knew each other. There wasn't a moment of silence at the table. We asked each other what our interests were and it turns out we all have music in common. They are apparently all in a band. Well except Ryland. He apparently likes the DJ scene more. We were all laughing and carrying on when I feel my phone vibrate in the pocket of my dress. I excuse myself from the table and check the text. It was from Raini.

From Raini:

He's back.