Chapter twelve

Ross' Pov

Laura should be here any minute. My surprise was all set up. In the back yard of my house I had rose petals all over the ground and a candle lit table and dinner in the middle of the yard. I borrowed the plain white Christmas lights and hung them up to give the yard some light, since it was eight o'clock at night. I was hiding in the shadows waiting for Laura to walk out the back sliding doors.

About ten minutes later I saw Laura walk out the sliding doors. She stopped mid step and gasped. She put her hands over her mouth. She seemed to like it but we'll see. I had my guitar in my hands and started playing and singing as I walked towards her.

(Ross singing)

Sometimes loves a scary place

It's like standing in the dark

Flying through the universe

Trying to fix your broken heart

It's okay to let it go

You don't have to be so brave

Take a chance cause someone else

Is gonna swoop in and save the day

You don't have to face your fears alone

Cause whenever your in trouble

I'll know

Let me be your superhero

There isn't a place I won't go

Whenever you need me by your side

I'll be there, be there

Never be afraid if you fall

I'll carry you away from it all

Let me be your superhero

Take off your mask

Put down your guard

Don't need a symbol on your chest

It's okay for once to play

The damsel in distress

Your gonna use up all your strength

Trying be so strong

Don't have to shoulder all the weight

Together we can take it on

You don't have to face your fears alone

Cause whenever your in trouble

I'll know

Let me be your superhero

There isn't a place I won't go

Whenever you need me by your side

I'll be there, be there

Never be afraid if you fall

I'll carry away from it all

Let me be your superhero

Woah woah oh oh oh oh oh oh

Oh oh woah oh oh oh woah oh oh

Sometimes loves a scary place

It's like standing in the dark

Flying through the universe

Trying to fix your broken heart

Yeah

Let me be your superhero

There isn't a place I won't go

Whenever you need me by your side

I'll be there, be there

Never be afraid if you fall

I'll carry you away from it all

Let me be your superhero

Woah woah oh oh oh oh oh oh

Oh oh woah oh oh oh woah oh oh

Woah woah oh oh oh oh oh oh

Oh oh woah oh oh oh woah oh oh

Let me be your superhero

Laura's Pov

Ross came out of the shadows as started singing. As soon as he started the chorus tears fell down my face. This is the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me. I can't believe it. He finished the song with a smile on his face and I could see tears in his eyes too. He set his guitar down and held his arms out. I ran into his arms and gave him a long sweet kiss. We pulled away and he held my face in his hand wiping the tears away.

"I would do anything for you Laura. That song said everything I meant. I want to be your superhero. I'm going to catch you when you fall. I don't care how many times you fall. I'll always be there to catch you. I will never leave you. Because....... Well because...... I love you Laura. With all my heart. I am completely hopelessly in love with you. And I would do anything for the people I love. I know you probably aren't ready to say that you love me back and I understand that. I just want you to know that I love you with everything I have."

I smiled and leaned in to give him a kiss I pulled away and looked him in the eyes. I knew I didn't need to give a whole speech but I did need to say something.

"Ross...... I love you too." And I meant every word.

Ross' Pov

"Ross....... I love you too." Are the words that came out of Laura's mouth. I didn't think I would hear those words come out of her mouth for a long time.

"You... You do?" I ask with a huge smile on my face. I couldn't help it. I was just so happy. I couldn't contain it!

She smiled her beautiful smiled at me. "Of course. I haven't been more sure of anything in my life. I know I love you because I feel safe with you. Whenever I'm with you I forget about all my problems. I forget about the scars Chase left behind. When I'm with you I can be myself. The only other people I can be myself around are Raini, my parents and my sister. Well and of course your family. But with you it's different. When I was pretending to be someone I wasn't you saw the real me. You gave me a chance. You didn't run away. That's how I know I love you." I smiled even bigger as Laura said those words. They were replaying in my head. Over and over. I pulled her closer and smashed my lips upon hers. I didn't want to pull away but I had to for two reasons. One, We needed air. Two, I heard an all to familiar voice that made Laura tense up. It was a sickly sarcastic voice that I thought was out of mine and Laura's life forever.

"Oh how cute." Me and Laura pulled away and looked towards the person standing in the doorway.

Laura gripped my arm. I could tell she was scared. I angrily said the word I never wanted to say again......

"Chase"

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

A/N

Oooooo! What's Chase doing back?! Didn't he go to jail? How did he get out? Oh my gosh! Can you say DRAMAAAAA!!! Anyway thank you guys so much for reading this story. Love ya! Stay sexy!

xoxo

~Sara