Chapter five

Laura's POV

I woke up and I look at the clock. 9:00. I laid my head back down on my pillow. It's Sunday. I can lay around all day. WAIT!! I quickly jumped out of bed. Ross is picking me up at 12!! I totally forgot!! Oh my gosh!! I have to go get ready I only have three hours! Why am I freaking out? It's not like I like him. I don't need to impress him. Either way I still need to get ready.

I grab my underwear and bra an ran in the bathroom to shower. The warm water felt so good. I stayed in the shower for a good thirty minutes. Once I was finished I stepped out and put my bra and underwear on. Since my bathroom is in my room I didn't need a robe. I walked into my room and headed to my closet. Hmmmm what should I wear? Where are we even going? I probably should have asked him that. I decided to go casual. Some white short shorts and a blue crop top that says swag and some red converse. I curled my hair just enough so it wouldn't look like I tried too hard. I applied a little mascara to my eyes and put some diamond studs in my ears and vuala! I'm done and I look good if I do say so myself. I looked at my phone to check the time. 11:54. I ran to the bathroom and brushed my teeth and put deodorant and perfume on. As soon as I got done I heard a knock on the door. "Oh Hello again Ross!" I hear my mother say. I made my way downstairs and saw Ross in the kitchen talking to my mother.

"Hey Ross."

"Oh hey Laura! Wow you look nice."

"Thanks." I could feel myself blushing. Why am I blushing? I get compliments all the time and I never blush!!

"Lauraaaaaaa" I see Ross waving his hand in front if my face.

"Oh yeah sorry"

"You ready to go?"

I nodded my head and he led the way to his car. He opened the door for me. Something none of my boyfriends have done before. Well besides...

"So Laura where do you want to go?"

Ross asked pulling out of my thoughts. Thank God! I didn't want to think about HIM.

"Um I heard there was a carnival. You wanna go there?" I suggested. He smiled. "That's perfect."

The drive to the carnival was full of laughter and music. The carnival is about a thirty minute drive but we were on the road for about ten minutes when my favourite song came on the radio. I started singing without realising it.

(Laura singing)

You and I

We're like fireworks and symphonies

Exploding in the sky

With you I'm alive

It's like the missing prices of my heart

They finally collide

So stop time right here in the moonlight

Cause I don't ever wanna close my eyes

Without you I feel broke

Like I'm half of a whole

Without you I've got no

Hand to hold

Without you I feel torn

Like a sail in a storm

Without you I'm just a sad song

With you I fall

It's like I'm leaving all my past

In silhouettes up on the wall

With you I'm a beautiful mess

It like we're standing hand and hand with all our fears in the edge

So stop time right here in the moonlight

Cause I don't ever wanna close my eyes

The chorus came in again and I just hummed to myself. I look I've to Ross and see him glances back and forth from the road to me with his mouth hanging open.

"Um Ross? Whatcha doin'?" I asked

"Laura! You're an amazing singer?!? Oh my gosh! Why didn't you ever tell me? Your voice is amazing!"

I blushed and smiled. "I don't know not wry many people know I can sing beside my family and Raini."

"What about your other friends?"

"Chelsea and Aria? They aren't my true friends. Just people I hang out with at school. They help me keep my image." I explained.

"Why Laura?" Ross asked. Now I'm confused. "Why what?" I asked

"Why do you act like a total different person at school. I know the person you act like at school isn't you. I'm actually surprised that you talked to me."

"I don't trust easily Ross. That's why my guard is up. Especially at school. And the reason I act the way I do is none of your business." I snapped.

"Okay okay gosh. I was just asking. You didn't need to get snappy."

"Look I'm sorry Ross. I didn't mean to snap at you. I'm trying. I really am it's just hard for me. It's hard for me to open up. And surprise I'm opening up right now. I've been through things Ross. Things you probably don't think would happen to me. I'm trying to trust you. I really am. But it's hard for me so just bare with me okay?" I say calmer than before.

Ross looked at me and slightly smiled. "I understand Laura. I hate that you can't trust me but I meant what I said last night. I'll protect you."

(A/N)

Hey guys!!! I hope you are enjoying the story so far! Oh and BTW that song was called Sad Song and it's by We The Kings. Anyways I hope you like this new chapter. Love you guys and stay sexy!!

xoxo

~ Sara