Chapter 3

Thank you for reading please remember to vote!

Enjoy 😊

Oliver

We tried to leave as soon as the presentation was over, but my mother caught us and made us walk the red carpet and make our appearance as a happy family and my friends weren't an exception. She wants everything to appear perfect no matter how they could be falling apart. Mason and Dylan stayed as far away as they could until my mother pulled them up to us. She pushed Dylan into a picture with Kate which both were happy about, but refused to let her know that. My mother would turn it into a huge deal. Kate and I put on our best fake smiles and stood for the photographers. We turned when called, posed with our parents and then each other. Then my mother did exactly what I told her not to.

"Oliver, why don't you and Avery get your picture together?" She smiles at me and I shake my head no. "Oh come on dear, you make such a handsome couple."

Avery was in the skimpiest dress I've ever seen. Gold sparkles, a slit up her thigh almost to her hip. The front barely covers her while the back had nothing to it. For a woman who was from money and had the ability to dress classy she looks like trash, cheap and sleazy. I don't understand what is happening to Dylan's sister this isn't the girl I grew up with. She's changed and it's not for the better.

"Oh yes, come on Olie, I want my picture with you." Avery cooed grabbing my arm and wrapping herself around me. The next thing I know, she's grabbing my face and kissing me. A hard kiss right on my lips. Not what I want. I can hear the cameras clicking away and the media is going crazy yelling question after question at me. I look like I'm with one of the girls my mother tries to keep me from.

Fuck!! This is not happening!!

"Get off me, Avery!"  I am not happy with her. She knows not to do this with me. Avery knows what the media is like and she knows that this is the kind of stuff they blow completely out of context. "We are not a couple! What the fuck has gotten into you lately?!" I yell as loud as I can. "Who the hell are you anymore? I don't even know you!"

The media misconstrues everything when it comes to me and women. Now here we go with one more woman that I'm not involved with, but they will say Avery is my latest fling. Great and now Abby will see it and my chance to go out with her will fly out the window. I can't let that happen. I don't even know her last name. I need Abby to work for me, I want to spend time with her. I won't be able to do that if she thinks Avery and I are a thing.

"Oliver! That is completely uncalled for! Avery was just being affectionate with you. There's no need for you to be rude." My mother quietly scolds me pulling me away from the ears of the media.

"No need my ass, Mother! Now every fucking media source will have a picture and a story of me with my latest lady of the night. You're the one that complains about me and my bad publicity. What do you think this is going to do?" I'm pissed she has no idea what she just did to me. Not that my mother cares this is what she wanted.

"I wouldn't say being associated in a relationship with Avery as bad publicity, Oliver. She's from a very good family. Just like Dylan would be wonderful for Kate." My mother the social climber. All she sees is dollars and status. She doesn't see them as people or friends, but as great money and social matches.

"Good night, Mother. Let's go boys." I say to Mason and Dylan.

"Just where do you think you're going?" She asks. I'm thirty two like she has a say anymore. She hasn't had a say in my life in many years now, I just let her think she has a say once in a while when I don't want to deal with her third degree anymore.