Chapter 8

Thank you for reading please remember to vote! Enjoy 😊

Abby

Oliver is doing everything he can to help us and I feel like I haven't been very appreciative of anything he's done. I understand why he wants us out of the apartment. It's in a bad area and the neighbors are a bit scary. For two single girls living here, I can see how guys from the better side of town would want to move us out. I'm just so confused about how he's doing this, or more confused about why, I guess. I mean, he's known me less than a month and he is doing things no one has ever done for me. He's paid off the lease, got his friends to come over here with their trucks and right now they are packing up our place to get us out of here. I'm standing here in my bedroom looking at my things wondering what I'm going to do with it.

"Hey sweetheart, you need help? It looks like Mason has the kitchen pretty well done, Dylan and Adam have the living room and Melanie has got her room." Oliver comes in behind me and wraps his arms around my waist. Nuzzling my neck he kisses me softly and I take a deep breath. He feels me tense up and I know he's going to question me. "You okay?"

"Yeah, I just...." I turn around in his arms and face Oliver. Cupping his face I simply hold it and search his eyes. They are the most amazing deep blue eyes I've ever seen. He smiles down at me and kisses my forehead. "I don't want get rid of all my things."

"Okay, you don't have to. We can bring it all back to my place, correction our place and make room for it. I can rent a moving truck for the furniture and get the guys to help bring it over later." Oliver offers without a thought. I don't understand this. Why is he so good to me?

"No, your place is furnished and mine isn't exactly up to million dollar mansion standard. I can just put it in storage. I'll pay for it, if you can get someone to move it all. Just until I find a place." I tell him. I can tell immediately he doesn't like this.

Oliver frowns and tightens his hold around me. It's as if he's afraid I'm going to run away from him. I guess I can't blame him there, I have run several times now, but it wasn't to get away from him really, but to protect myself. I just can't get hurt again. He leans in his lips softly touching mine. "Abby, we can put it in storage. But you have a place to live, with me. You don't need to find another one."

I pull out of his arms. I can't do this when he touches me like this. The way he holds me, the warmth of his body against mine. It's distracting, I can't think and all I want to do is stay there and forget all the outside stuff that I know is there to remind me that I don't belong with Oliver.

"Yes, I will Oliver. You said yourself you would hide me from your mother. You can't do that indefinitely." I tell him. Reminding him that I know I don't fit in his world. "There's gonna come a time for me to leave. I just want my stuff so I don't have to start from scratch again."

Oliver takes a breath scratching his face as he slowly walks over to me. I know he's trying to keep his patience and I know I'm pushing him. I just can't go through the pain of having nothing again. "I'm not going to hide you, Abby. I can't, I won't." Cupping my face he makes me look at him. "Look, I know all this is overwhelming and happening really fast for both of us. I get that. But I'm not gonna just get ready to give you up. I'll put your stuff in storage for now. Not a problem, but I'm paying for it. If you want to pay me back, work for me. Help me that way. I want you working for me full time, I get your thinking about it, but living under the same roof you can help me here and there with a little bit, right?"

I bite down on my lip and think for a minute on it. He has been asking for me to work for him, if I help him out it would in a way pay him back for the storage. Maybe not all the cost, but I can make up the difference in cash to him. But I need to do more, I can't let him foot the bill for everything. It's not fair and I pull my own weight.