Chapter 26

Thank you for reading! Enjoy 😊

Dylan

I don't like this idea. Quinn is known for playing games with Oliver, for him to do him a favor is completely out of the norm. I hang up with Kate and eye Oliver. He furious, frantic and worried. This is the real thing. His drunken mess was such bullshit. Now I've got to call him on it. I hate 'I told you so's' but in this case he's getting one.

"So Ollie when were you gonna tell us that Abby's with Quinn?" He spins around and stares me down. Shit! he didn't know that?

"What do you mean she's with Quinn?" He takes very slow calculated steps towards me. I can his concern for her getting worse by the second. This is so not good.

"That was Kate on the phone. She had a message from Quinn for you. To meet at his office tonight at ten. He has something of yours to return to you." I tell him.

"Fuck! Why would she go to him? He's the last one I'd trust with her!" Oliver growls raking his hands through his hair in frustration.

"He was her boss. Oliver, he's dealt with Ethan before. He may understand better than we do how to deal with this." Mason reasons. I have to agree, Ethan is a threat to Abby, he wouldn't expect her to go back to Quinn after what already happened.

"Maybe this is a good thing. Abby is safe, at least from Ethan. You know Quinn is dick but he's not going to physically hurt her. And he does have the means to protect her. Think about this carefully, Oliver. It's not as simple as we'd like to believe but it's a solution for the time being." I know he likes what I'm saying even less than I do and he was the one who was friends with Quinn.

"Ten can't get here fast enough!" Oliver mutters as he walks out of the room.

Mason and I look at each other. Oliver and Quinn were once good friends. They lost that friendship over a woman several years ago now. We both know that those feelings are still raw for Oliver. Not because of the girl but because of the betrayal of his friend. It shrunk Oliver's circle of friends to just Mason and I as soon as it happened. Oliver didn't know who to trust and we were the ones that were there for him.

"You think Oliver's letting the past eat at him?" Mason read my mind. I nod and look at my watch. We've got a few hours to go. Maybe we can calm him down.

"I'm gonna see if there's anything we can do in the meantime. I just hope Quinn isn't the same dick as he used to be. If he even tries to take Abby from Oliver, he'll kill him." I don't think this, I know Oliver loves Abby. He's not going to let her go.

Abby

"Well you're Knight has been called, love. He'll be getting you back tonight. Are you sure you're not better off with me? I can protect you better than he can. Plus I don't have the entourage coming in all hours of the day. Remember Avery doesn't barge into my home." Quinn makes a good point. Staying with Oliver may not be the best idea but I don't know what else to do to stay safe.

I don't answer him. I just go to the couch and sit down and hold my head in my hands. I need to think about this. I can't hide at Oliver's, I can't be around him until Ethan is taken care of. Maybe all of this was a big mistake and I should just forget about it and leave. I so don't want to lose Oliver though. It figures I finally find the perfect guy and I can't have him anymore.

"It's not forever darling. Believe me I don't like Ethan anymore than Oliver. We'll work together and take him out. Then you and Oliver can have your happy ever after. I promise sweetheart, it won't be forever you're apart. I can see that you truly do love him. If he's smart he won't let you go." Quinn says as he hands me a glass of bourbon. "Bottoms up darling, we've got a wait until ten."