Chapter 23

Thank you for reading please remember to vote comment and let me hear from you!

Enjoy

Abby

I know I need to stay calm and not let Grace get to me. Oliver needs all of us to work together on this. Grace isn't helping however. I somehow manage to keep my mouth shut with the help of Kate and Melanie. I can't say the same thing about Oliver. He's livid right now and ripping into the two people that he really needs the most by his side now.

"Abby isn't going anywhere mother! Preston why the fuck did you bring them here? This won't help the situation!" Oliver roars. I don't think I've ever seen someone this mad.

"Oliver! Don't you dare speak like that around me! I'm your mother, after all. I deserve some respect." Grace says sticking her nose high into the air. "I've called Avery for you. She's on her way. I'm sure she can talk some sense into you about this whole mess. If you had just listen to me, you wouldn't have this problem now, would you. I told you this girl was nothing but trouble."

I don't think I can stay here and listen to this. It's clear which way things are going to go. I look at Melanie and Kate both silently apologizing for things. I can't put Oliver through this. I'm the reason he's dealing with the press. I'm the reason he's at odds with his parents, I'm the reason he fired his manager and I'm the only one who can set things right. He won't like it and he's going to be upset but his support is here.

I don't say a word but head straight up to the bedroom. I can pack my things maybe get one of the guys to give me a ride to the airport. The further away from Oliver I get, the better off he'll be. This is all my fault. I should have known better than to think I could find happiness here with Oliver. It was too good to be true.

I don't think I heard anyone follow me up. I didn't even realize I was crying not until I saw the wet stains of tears that had fallen onto my shirt. I felt the arms wrap around me from behind and I leaned my head against theirs. Kate and Melanie were holding me up.

"Don't you let that witch get to you!" Melanie whispers to me. It's too late for that, she's already dug her claws in. "Abby you have to fight. Stand up for yourself."

"This isn't about me standing up for myself Melanie. This isn't about how Oliver and I feel about each other. It's about two very different worlds that don't work together. Every time I think we have this, something knocks it out of my hands. Oliver doesn't deserve this. He's a good guy who needs to be happy." I explain as I get my bag out from the closet.

"He's happy with you. Don't run!" Kate grabs my hand and stops me. "He loves you."

"And I love him but I have to let him go." I tell her.

"No you don't." We all turn around to see Oliver standing in the doorway. "Can you guys give us some time here?"

Kate squeezes my hand before she heads for the door with Melanie right behind her. Kate does the same to Oliver as she passes him. Melanie stops for a moment I think she's going to say something but she doesn't. All she does is hug Oliver before walking out. Oliver closes the door quietly then walks in sitting down on the bed making no move to come to me. He doesn't say a word but sees the suitcase in my hand and nods like he understands why I'm leaving.

"Where are you gonna go?" He asks, I can hear the emotions welling up in his throat.

"I'm not sure. I've got a little money saved from what you've paid me and my car. I figure I can drive it until it dies." I say and see him laugh shaking his head.

"Take the Lexus. You love that car. I'm going to give you a severance package that will tide you over for a while. I have a little place in Wyoming that's nice. It's cold during the winter but beautiful in the summer. You can stay there for a while until you figure things out. No one will find you or bother you up there." He says softly never once making eye contact with me.