Chapter 30

Thank you for reading this is the last chapter of this book. I hope you have enjoyed it!

Chapter 30 final chapter

Oliver

The hospital is bustling around outside of this room but in here the only noise is the steady beep of the machine monitoring Abby's vitals. I've sat here for hours now watching the steady up and down of the little line on the screen monitoring her heart rate. I listen as the arm band swells and measures her blood pressure then releasing and I wait.

She's stable. That's what they finally told us after we rushed her here and she was taken in for surgery. The bullet missed any organs and arteries that could have complicated the damage. She was lucky, very lucky. They keep saying that but I'm not feeling it. She should've never been put in this position. None of this should have happened. Not to her.

I've been racking my brain trying to think of what we could have done differently. She should have stayed with me. We never should have involved Quinn. I should have just given Ethan the money from the start. Anything. There's just so many things I could have changed for this not to have happened. I could have saved her so many times.

"Stop kicking yourself mate. I can think of a million things both of us should have done differently. It doesn't change anything. She's going to be fine." Quinn tells me softly and squeezes my shoulder.

"I won't let anything happen again. I love her so much." I mumble gently tucking a piece of hair from her face. My thumb brushes her lips and and I hold back those burning tears threatening to spill. I don't cry, not for anything.

"I know you do. And she loves you." Quinn admits to me. "She told me so. You're the man who won her heart Ollie. You found a good one here. She's definitely a keeper."

"I know and I'm keeping her. I'm not letting her go." I inform him just in case Quinn thinks he's going to try a fast one with me again. He says nothing but pats my shoulder and leaves us. Back to the silence of the room and beeping machines. I just want her back. Closing my eyes I rest my head on her lap. I'm not letting her out of my sight.

I jump when I hear the loud crack of a gun fire and look around. The room has shaded and the sun has moved across the sky. I must have dozed off, dreaming of the events that led us here once again. Looking at my watch it's after seven at night. The nurse shifts have changed and I slept through it. I was asleep for three hours this time. Scrubbing my face I sit up and try to take it all in again.

I can see Dylan and Kate outside the window. She's holding him still as he mourns his sister. Avery saved my life. She pushed me out of the way and got killed protecting me from Melanie. When Melanie aimed her gun at Abby I didn't think about myself. I could only think about Abby. I can't believe Melanie was in on this. Abby trusted her, they were best friends and she was working with Ethan. My stomach hurts just thinking about it. I'm glad Abby is out of it right now and doesn't have to deal with that reality yet. It's going to break her heart.

I'm listening to Dylan sob outside as new voices are coming through. My parents are here. I see my mother crying and holding Dylan and Kate as my father talks to the doctor. He looks up and sees me but doesn't come in. I've asked that no one else comes in her room. I had Preston my agent call for security for all of us. Including Quinn. He's now out there too, waiting for Abby to wake up. I'm not sharing her though. I'm going to protect her my way now.

Ethan and Melanie are still loose. I'm thinking they've run but with those two I don't know. They won't be getting shit from me except for a prison sentence now. I won't let them close to Abby or I now that we know they were working together. Abby will stay safe with me. All of my family will be. Ethan won't get to any of us again.