Chapter 10

Thank you for reading please remember to vote
Enjoy 😉!

Oliver

I've been trying Abby's phone since she drove off leaving me standing in the parking lot of Wrapped four hours ago. I went home hoping she would show up there but she hasn't. Dylan and Kate are driving around looking for her while Melanie and Mason are searching online and by phone for anyone that knows her or any place she might go. We can't find her anywhere and I'm really getting worried about her.

If she doesn't show up I'm going after my mother and Avery for this. This is their fault for screwing things up. She was fine, more than fine with me and now I may have just lost her. I don't know what else to do. I know she didn't take any money from Quinn. I know she didn't steal from his company that's not her. I'm sure Quinn knows it too. My mother and Avery were just looking for an excuse to make Abby look bad and get her fired. It was low and backhanded and not something I want to be associated with.

Dylan and Kate come in and look about as frustrated as I am. I sit and wait to hear what they have to say. I'm hoping they found out something we can go on to find Abby. I'm getting concerned. I just want to know she's safe. She has no money, and no place to go. Running my fingers through my hair I lean forward and rest my elbows on my knees and look at Dylan for news.

"She hasn't been to the foundation or the bar. Not that I thought she would, but it was worth a shot. I also called Quinn. He's keeping an eye out for her and if she shows up there, he'll let us know. He didn't ask her to pay him back, Oliver. In fact, he didn't want to fire her, the board forced him to. He knew she wasn't responsible for it. Abby got screwed in more ways than one in all this." Dylan sits down and shakes his head. "This guy fucked up her life big time. She didn't want him to screw with Quinn anymore so she left. She refused to come back when she was cleared just in case he was tracking her. I think that's got something to do with why she's been fighting you."

"And I pushed her." I wanted her and didn't listen or pay attention that there was a reason she was holding back. "She's afraid of him finding her with me. My mother and her little game didn't help matters. Damn it, where is she?"

"I'm here." Abby says softly as she walks into the room. I look up and feel my body relax. God, I was worried about her. Getting up I go straight over and wrap my arms around her, only for her to push me away. "I'm only staying tonight in the guest room, Oliver. I get my car back in the morning then I'm leaving. I'm sorry for all the trouble I've caused." She immediately turns to walk away from me.

"Wait! Abby wait!" I grab her arm as she starts to leave and pull her back into the room. "Talk to me for a minute. Please."

I bring her over to the couch and sit down, then wait while holding her hand for her to sit next to me. Abby looks at me then to Kate and Dylan. She sighs heavily then sits down but won't look at me. I know she's ashamed of what my mother did to her at the restaurant but she has nothing to be ashamed of. I look up at Dylan and nod towards the door. I need some time alone with Abby to try and fix this.

"Well since you're home safe we're gonna go. See you guys tomorrow." Dylan says taking Kate by the hand and guiding her out.

"Abby?" Kate stops at the door. "My mother was wrong about you. Please don't leave because if her. Oliver and the rest of us want you here. You have no reason to hide." She smiles gently and without waiting for a reply leaves with Dylan. I'm hoping Abby listens to her. I'm about to say the same thing.

Abby stays quiet and looks around the room, at everything and anything but me. She's obviously nervous about what happened and what I'm going to say to her. I really don't want to put pressure on her but I don't want her leaving either. There's no reason for her to go. I can protect her from this jerk a lot better than if she's out there all alone.