t w e n t y t h r e e

Hayze, Rudi, a girl named Avery and a couple of other business men watched as River tore a little pulp from a lemon and brought to Rosie's mouth

Rosie leaned over and tasted it before scruching up her nose cutely and sticking her tongue out.

Hayze thought it was the most precious thing to see River giggle with Rosie.

"Is that sour Rosie?" River laughed. Rosie reached out for the lemon again so River tore off a bit more pulp and brought it to her mouth. "Mmm yummy."

Rosie's face screwed up and she shook her head as she pushed her mamas hand away.

"Mnpmh," Rosie babbled.

Hayze leaned over and wiped Rosie's face off with a slightly wet napkin.

"She's such a cutie," Avery gushed from across the table.

"She seems like a good baby," one of the men commented.

Hayze and River nodded before he spoke up. "She definetly is."

Once their food was set down, they began quietly eating, mentioning a few business events coming up and things like that before Rosie started fussing slightly.

River dropped her fork down into her plate and lifted Rosie into her lap, bouncing her until she calmed down.

"You okay River? Should i go get the baby bag from the car?" Hayze asked cautiously as he eyed Rosie who was busy playing with the curled ends of his wifes hair.

"No. We should be fine. I just changed her diaper."

He nodded and got back to eating and talking business. "I got a message from the couple from three and a half years ago with the beach house; they actually have a baby and they love it there with him. He's a very adventurous boy apparently."

"That's wonderful," River said with a bright smile. "Show me a picture later. I'm sure their baby is adorable."

"Yeah he is. He's actually a little older than Rosie. But once they heard about our baby, they sent a follow up message. I guess the beach house got them in the mood."

"Hayze," River hissed as she slapped his chest. The rest of the men chuckled and smirked.

Hayze looked down at Rosie who began tugging at River's off the shoulder blouse. He could already see the impending disaster so he placed a hand over River's shirt to keep it in place and grabbed Rosie up.

"She seems a little hungry," he whispered to River as he bounced her in his arms. "We are defintely related. Always hungry."

River giggled and picked up her purse, searching through it aimlessly.

"What are you looking for?"

"The baby blanket so i can nurse Rosie."

Rosie started whining and reaching out for River. "Mmmm, ma mpm ma."