t w e n t y f o u r

River looked out excitedly of the plane window as she pointed to the crystal ocean, "Look Rosie," she cooed and Rosie leaned forward in her arms to get a closer look

"Buh bah ba!" Rosie squealed as she tugged on River's hair, bouncing excitedly on her mamas lap.

Hayze chuckled and loosened her grip of steel on her hair. 

"Isn't it pretty Rosie?" 

Rosie nodded and the couple grinned from ear to ear. 

"You're so smart," River said as she kissed Rosie's forehead and she swept her fingers through her soft curls. "I can't wait until we get into the water, Hayze."

River silently thanked God for being able to do things she was able to do.

°•○●○•°

River held Rosie's hands as she tried to shakily walk over to the edge of the dock.

"P-pi!" Rosie shouted as she leaned over the edge of the dock and looked down at Hayze who was lazily floating in the water.

"Is that papa?" River giggled. "Who is that Rosie?"

Rosie looked up and smiled at River cheekily. River smiled back and swept the dark curls out of her baby's blue eyes. 

Hayze swam up to the edge of the dock and Rosie bounced excitedly as she got down on her knees. River hurriedly grabbed Rosie by her diaper so she wouldn't go tumbling into the water as Hayze leaned up out of the water.

For River, it was hard to ignore how handsome he looked with his tanned skin, built muscles and lean figure. His usual gelled up hair was ruffled over his head and the smile on his face was faint, but there.

"You wanna come in here with me Rosie?" Hayze asked as she leaned further towards him.

"Hayze stop tempting her. She's gonna fall in," River said as she bit her lip unsurely.

Hayze backed away and he pat the surface of the water with his hand. "Come on Rosie. Come in."

River gaped as Rosie pulled away from her and pushed herself off the dock and towards her father. She should have been to young to know how to do that. 

Hayze laughed and caught Rosie who was squealing happily at the cool feeling of the water on her skin. She splashed in the water and screamed as a little fish swam by. 

Hayze hiked her up in his arms and showed her how to hold on to his neck before he began to calmly swim around to where a group of fish were swimming.

"Look, the fish aren't gonna hurt you baby," he said as he gently pat her tummy and dipped her down into the water a bit.

River sat on the edge watching the two with a smile on her face as Hayze swam around with Rosie happily clinging to him.

"River, can you get the floatie up there please?" Hayze said as he pointed to a large clear bed looking one.

River nodded and got up to grab it before she placed it in the water beside Hayze. 

"Come in," he said as he placed Rosie carefully on top of it and he held her in place. Rosie was watching excitedly as fish swam under the floatie. "And take off the kimono."

"But... this bathing suit sheers out when it gets wet," she pouted as she looked down at the white bathing suit Hayze had bought her.

"That's fine. We're the only ones around," Hayze smirked. 

She rolled her eyes and pulled the coverup closer around her.

"Come on babygirl. Why are you being shy?"

She let out a shaky breath and slipped out of the cover up before she sat down and dipped her feet into the water. "I haven't lost all of the baby weight yet. And you'll be able to see the stretch marks on the side of my thighs."

He rolled his eyes and let out a frustrated growl. "River, you look stunning. I love you and your body. Now stop being silly and come in."

"But-"

"If I didn't want to see your body, I wouldn't have bought you a sheer bathing suit."

Her gaze dropped. "Oh."

"Yeah, oh is right," he said before he tugged her down into the water. She shrieked as she hit the water and when she resurfaced she glared at him, pushing her long hair away from her face. 

He grabbed her by the waist and snaked his hand around her waist - all while securely holding Rosie - and he gave her bum a squeeze. "Put your hand down here," he said as he grabbed her hand and led it to his crotch. He let her palm him and then placed his hand over hers and squeezed. "You do this to me, alright. No one else. So stop f~cking doubting your beauty. In and out. Do you hear me?"

"Yes," she said as she bit her lip, trying to hide her smile.

He captured her lips in a gentle kiss and Rosie squealed and clapped behind them, though she didn't understand a word they had just said. 

She obviously was a big supporter of her parents relationship.