Zach / Zonah - Flu

(if you guys wanna give me feedback, pls do! im new to this so it's not going to be amazing, but i wanna improve x)

Being on tour is not always easy, not only mentally but also physically. It's difficult to keep changing your sleeping routines, not eating proper meals, being overworked; especially for a 17 year old.

Zach wakes up to a flash of bright, artificial light seeping through his bunk window, feeling the tour bus vibrating underneath him, meaning that they are still moving. He groans and rolls over, wanting the moving to stop. He's still too groggy to realise how awful he was feeling, but it doesn't take him long to notice something is off. His stomach rolls uncomfortably, and his head pounds with each bounce. He swallows hardly and takes a deep breath in, trying to calm himself down. He's certain the boys wouldn't be impressed if he got sick, no matter what they say; and Zach desperately doesn't want to disappoint them. So, he gets out of bed with the mindset that he's just gonna push this sickness behind him and get on with the day. He's strong, he can handle a little stomach ache.

That idea crumbles when he starts swaying dangerously the second he's stable on his feet, and he grips the wall. He takes a deep breath and walks a few steps, biting his lip as he tries to calm his sloshing stomach. He enters the loud kitchen, noticing all his bandmates eating breakfast. He puts on a large, very fake smile as he greets his bandmates, his voice coming out croaky.

"Morning sleeping beauty." Jack teases, making Zach furrow his eyebrows. He quickly checks the time and his eyes bulge.

"Guys, it's 10, we have an interview in like half an hour!" Zach exclaims, his voice sounding hoarse. Jonah glances up from his book at this, immediately noting Zach's overly flushed cheeks and pale complexion. He also notices his usage of his hoodie, despite the extremely warm temperature in the bus.

"He's right, go get dressed you guys." Jonah says sternly. He quickly tries to excuse the others, his overly protective side coming out. Zach hangs his head, knowing he'd struggle to lie to his oldest bandmate.

"Zach, is everything okay? You don't look too good." Jonah asks quietly. Zach keeps his eyes strained on the floor, although he feels them beginning to fill up with tears, and he curses himself for being so sensitive.

"Zach?" Jonah asks softly again when he gets no response. A tear trickles slowly down Zach's cheek, and he finally looks up at Jonah. Jonah stands quickly upon seeing his face, and runs forwards, hesitant to wrap his arms around the younger boy.

"I don't feel good." Zach whimpers, holding his stomach tightly to try and diffuse the annoying pain.  Jonah allows him to bury his head in his neck, feeling the younger breathe deeply to calm himself down. He frowns, hating how powerless he is over Zach's discomfort.

"Oh bub, where does is hurt?" Jonah says quietly, running a hand through the brunettes soft hair.

"Everywhere." Zach groans stubbornly. Jonah chuckles and looks up when he sees Dani standing in the doorway, tying up his belt with a confused look on his face. He mouths the words 'what's wrong' to Jonah, but Jonah just shakes his head, knowing Zach more than he knows himself so therefore aware of his pride. Jonah tries pulling away, but Zach latches on even tighter, making Jonah chuckle. He carefully picks Zach up by the waist, making the younger squeal and wrap his legs around him, making them both blush. Zach keeps his head tucked into Jonah's shoulder, not even wanting to know how red his cheeks had gotten.

"Will you be okay for the interview, love?" Jonah asks, sitting down on the sofa with Zach on his lap. Although the pet name makes him smile, he's reminded of how awful he feels and he groans.