Jack / Jarbyn - Sick But No One Believes Him

hey guys, i've been feeling quite down today so i thought i'd write a quick sickfic for you all. sorry if it's shit, i'm super stressed with my gcse's starting this week and i just needed a break from studying haha.

let me know what you think x

(unedited)

Jack knew something was off with himself when he kept getting a strange feeling in his stomach, his eyebrows furrowing as he swallowed dryly. It kept him up all night.

The tour bus shakes under him, and he hears the soft snores of his bandmates, but he just groans, knowing that since no one else was awake; he is alone to suffer. He quickly crawls out of the bunk when he feels a wave of nausea overcome him, and he whimpers, gripping the wooden side of the bed tightly. He tries breathing deeply to relieve the pain, and eventually the nausea goes away. He sighs in relief, leaning against the bed as he tries to hold in the tears. He has to tell someone. He wonders over to Jonah's bunk and pulling the curtain back, making the older boy groan in annoyance as the slight light seeps through.

"Jack, what the fuck!" Jonah grumbles, his voice thick with fatigue. Jack looks at him guiltily, his stomach cramping, which causes him to cover it with his arm.

"Jo, I don't feel too good." Jack whimpers, looking at Jonah through glossy eyes. Jonah groans and reaches forwards, placing a hand on Jacks forehead for a few seconds. He then drops it angrily, rolling over.

"You're fine, you're barely warm. Have some medicine or something." He says, his tone frustrated, which makes Jack frown. He thought for sure Jonah would help him out.

"Shut the hell up, you dickheads. Some of us are trying to sleep!" Jack jumps at Zach's sudden snippy remark.

"Tell that to Jack." Jonah grumbles. Jack gulps and quickly apologises, stumbling towards the kitchen so that he can have some medicine.

He makes his way back to bed afterwards, just feeling worse about the whole situation. He hated being a burden to anyone, especially his best friends, so for now he was just going to suck it up.

He wakes up the next morning to the sound of light chatter, and notices he doesn't feel quite as bad as he did a few hours prior. Still, he didn't feel incredibly well, but he felt well enough to fake it so that he wouldn't be annoying to everyone. He stumbles out of bed and begins walking towards the main room of the bus, breathing deeply to alleviate some of the pain every few seconds. When he gets there, all eyes are on him, and he notices Jonah's slight glare. The older boy stands up straighter, the bags under his eyes fairly prominent.

"Speak of the devil." He grumbles, making Jack freeze in his tracks. They were talking about him?

"Good morning." Jack squeaks, still not understanding what was happening.

"How are you feeling?" Daniel raises his eyebrows at Jack, almost daringly. Jack then realises that they were probably talking about what happened last night.

"Oh, yeah, uh, a-a lot better." He stumbles over his words, smiling weakly. Jonah scoffs, quickly downing his coffee in short gulps.

"Of fucking course you do." He says angrily. Jack looks around at everyone, feeling small and very confused. Tyler eventually sighs.

"Jack, what have we said about waking others up when it isn't important? Jonah couldn't sleep after you woke him up, do you find that very fair?" Tyler lectures him, making Jack's eyes fill with overwhelmed tears.

"I-I don't, but it was important, I wasn't feeling well." And I'm still not, he wanted to add, but he knew the boys wouldn't be happy. They already think he's a burden, he must not make them any angrier.