Zach / Zonah - Motion Sickness

dedicated to Allison__2 thanks for requesting! x

My eyes widen when I hear how long the car journey today will be, freezing in my tracks.

"How many hours?" I gauge, staring at Tyler in shock. The older gives me a look, and I try my best to neutralise my face, but I can't help but let my mind wander to the nausea I've been feeling since I woke up this morning.

"Um, I said were going to be in the car for four hours before changing to the bus." Tyler repeats slowly, the other boys also deciding to join in on the strange looks.

"C'mon Z, we've done way longer in the past." Corbyn chuckles, brushing off my reaction. The other do the same, returning to talk to Tyler about the arrangements for today. I walk a little slower, trailing behind everyone else, my hands stuffed in my pockets and my gaze firm on the floor, trying to control my breathing. Zach, you're fine, it's just a little stomach ache, it'll pass soon, I try telling myself, but something inside me knew it wasn't that simple.

"Zach, speed up a little, we need to go grab the suitcases and bring them to the car." Jonah calls from in front, stopping in the middle of the pathway. He waits for me to catch up, throwing an arm around my shoulder.

"Don't worry Z, if you're tired you can just sleep in the car." He hums, pulling me along at a faster pace. I nod in agreement, leaning into his side and allowing him to drag me wherever we needed to go.

Eventually, after finally convincing Jonah to grab my suitcases after clamming that my arms feel like jello, we make our way to the van, climbing in silently. Corbyn calls shotgun, making Jonah groan, and the oldest reluctantly climbs into the back with me. After seeing my small, playful pout, he scrambles to explain that it's only because he has the longest legs, and he hates having them squished up in the back. I just grin and curl into a small ball, taking my phone out of my pocket.

"What are you gonna do for the ride?" Jonah asks nonchalantly, stealing a side glance at me.

"Um, I don't know yet, probably just listen to music." I muse, trying to find my headphones.

"You wanna watch Harry Potter with me?" I look up to see Jonah's puppy dog eyes, rolling my own eventually.

"Fine." I grumble, pretending to be annoyed. Jonah just cheers slightly, a genuine smile filling his face, making one fill mine as well.

We're about halfway through the first film when I begin feeling really strange. My stomach is slushing around awkwardly, my head pounding as I try to avert my attention away from this discomfort. I shuffle around in my seat, trying to find a comfortable position, but each one hurts.

"Are you okay?" Jonah murmurs, finally noticing my movements. I look up at him in surprise, not having expected a confrontation.

"Yep. Perfectly fine." I squeak, making Jonah raise his eyebrows suspiciously but turn his attention back to the film. I close my eyes, trying to focus on anything except the nausea forming in my whole body. When a sudden wave of dizziness passes through me and I feel like I might pass out, I almost cry out and I quickly shake Jonah's shoulder.

"No, no, I'm not okay." I rush out, keeping my eyes squeezed shut. Jonah quickly pauses the film, frantically turning to look at me.

"What? What wrong, Z?" He asks softly, his hand going to cup my face so that I'm facing him directly. I finally peel my eyes open, looking at Jonah's worried face through my blurry vision.

"I don't feel good." I sob, clutching my stomach tightly. Jonah allows me to burry my head into his neck, hugging me against his chest. I breathe in the scent of his soft hoodie, trying to calm myself down.

"What happening Jo?" I hear Jacks soft, muffled voice ask.

"He doesn't feel good." Jonah whispers, beginning to thread his long fingers through my tousled hair. I sigh in relief, feeling my heart rate calming down at little.

"Aw, Z. What hurts?" Daniels voice pipes in.

"Everything." I groan, not moving from my comfy position leaning on Jonah. He could be a pillow if he wanted.

"You gonna have to be more specific, bub." Jonah keeps his voice quiet, whispering into my ear.

"My stomach mostly. B-But I feel nauseous and dizzy." I whimper, looking up at Jonah with wide eyes. He smiles down at me sympathetically, running a hand softly down my back.

"Aw baby. Do you feel like you're gonna throw up?" Jonah asks carefully. I just shrug embarrassedly, looking straight ahead. The window showing the countryside flashing by makes my stomach churn and I whimper softly.

"Jack, could you find a plastic bag or something, just in case?" Jonah murmurs, trying to stay inaudible for me. I hear shuffling and I keep my head down, trying to calm down. Jonah's scent and warm body against mine was relaxing me, lulling me into a light sleep. Jonah keeps up his soft movements, making sure I'm completely comfortable as I lose consciousness.

I'm awoken a while later by someone softly shaking my shoulder, and I look up, confused. Jonah is looking down at me, worried, as are the others from their seats in front of us, and I notice we're still driving.

"What-" I croak, feeling dizzy. I almost gag at the nauseous feeling filling me, suddenly gripping Jonah's hand tightly.

"You seemed uncomfortable in your sleep. We figured we should probably wake you. Do you feel any better?" Jonah asks hesitantly, although it was probably clear that I didn't feel much better.

"N-No..." I cry out, my hands going to cover my mouth as I get the familiar feeling of bile rising in my throat.

"Jack, quick, bag!" Jonah calls out, catching Corbyn's attention from the front. As the blonde boy begins questioning, Jack hands Jonah the bag and Jonah places it in front of me, just in time before I start throwing up. I feel hot tears steadily streaming down my cheeks as I keep throwing up, the awful substance burning my throat. I can vaguely feel that the car has stopped moving, and eventually the car door opens, the cold air soothing me as I finally stop, breathing heavily and freezing entirely, not daring to move. My eyes stay screwed shut, not wanting to face the embarrassing wrath that may come next.

"Zach, bub, can you open your eyes for us??" Daniels soft voice meets my ear from the side that now has the door open. I hesitantly open them, glancing up at the taller boy who is looking at me sympathetically. He and Jonah carefully help me out, their arms placed delicately around my waist and shoulder and their movements calm and colected as to not jog any sporadic or sudden nausea. The cool air lowers my body temperature, making me tremble out a sigh. I feel someone place their hand on my forehead and I lean into it.

"You not too warm Zachy, so you probably just got some sort of motion sickness. Don't worry, the bus is coming to find us instead, and it shouldn't be as bad as in the car." Jonah's voice is low and quiet as he whisper into my ear, holding me against his chest. I bury my head into his shoulder, sighing deeply.

As we wait for the bus to arrive, Jonah keeps me wrapped in his arms, running his hands down my back and through my hair to relax me. I'm drowsy when the bus pulls up next to me, and the older boy basically has to carry me in, to my bunk, and then he gets in with me, pulling me into his chest. I smile subconsciously as I hear his soft breathing, and eventually I fall asleep.

word count: 1350

kinda rushed the end lol sorry xx