Jack / Jarbyn - Exhaustion

(this isn't a request. just wanna say, if you request via DM then i won't put at the start of the chapter, unless you say otherwise, that it was from you, since im assuming if you did it through there that you didn't want everyone to see it hahaha x)

Another late night in the studio. The boys had been messing around earlier on and now it's coming to bite them in the butt. Jack hadn't slept well the night before anyways, so he was really struggling to keep his eyes open. He can never seem to sleep well when he actually needs to, but then when he doesn't he's out like a light. It's probably because of how messed up touring makes his sleep schedule, but he hates it. He hates feeling tired and useless, in shows he can never give his all, which just makes him feel guilty and even more useless.

"Jack, snap out of it!" Someone claps their hands in front of his face, and he jumps in his seat. He looks around and sees everyone giving him dirty looks, making him feel awful.

"Dude, you can't just fall asleep! We're all tired here, if you actually helped out maybe we could get finished quicker and go home." Jonah snaps, making Jack look down at the floor in shame.

"I'm sorry." He murmurs. He hears a soft scoff which makes his lip tremble, and he curls up into himself, wanting to hide away. They keep going with the recording, but Jack stays where he's sitting, not wanting to say something wrong and get yelled at again. Finally, Corbyn notices the younger boys upset state and calls the attention of the others.

"Guys, I think Jack's upset." He whispers, making all the boys look towards the curly haired boy. Daniel rolls his eyes.

"He should be. He's been useless lately." He says, too loudly. Jack looks up at that, and he feels his eyes beginning to water at the harsh words. He stands up quickly, his legs trembling, and leaves the room, trying to hold back the tears; they already think he's enough of a baby as it is, if they saw him crying they'd just think he's pathetic. He finds an empty hallway and he flings himself against the wall, slipping down until he's sitting on the floor, his knees against his chest. He lets the tears flow down his cheeks, gulping loudly and obnoxiously. He doesn't hear the faint footsteps running up to him, but he jumps when someone slides down to sit next to him. He looks up and sees Corbyn through his teary eyes, and he scoots away, a fearful whimper escaping his mouth.

"Hey, hey, shh, it's okay Jacky." Corbyn rushes out, trying to get the younger boy to calm down.

"Don't yell at me please." Jack sobs almost incomprehensibly, his breathing beginning to get erratic. Corbyn frowns deeply, his gaze firmly on the younger boys' scrunched up face as he tries to grab Jack's hands to stop him from moving. 

"I'm not going to yell at you, J. I promise." Corbyn hushes him, his heart breaking when Jack looks at him with his doe eyes, his lips trembling as he tries to stop crying. Corbyn reaches out and wipes his cheeks, drying them.

"What's wrong, love? Why are you acting like this?" Corbyn asks quietly, trying his best not to offend the younger.

"I'm tired Bean. I'm so damn tired." Jack whimpers, his eyes getting heavier and heavier. It's only now that they are merely centimetres apart that Corbyn notices the dark bags under his eyes, and he frowns.

"How come?" He asks softly, coaxing Jack to lean against him carefully.

"I-I can't sleep well at night. And i-it's not fair, I don't wanna be tired cause the boys always get mad at me and I don't want them to be mad at me..." Jack begins trailing off, his speech slurring as he starts drifting off. Corbyn keeps him close to him, wrapping his arm around his shoulder. After a good five minutes, when he knows he's definitely asleep, he slowly gets up and carefully picks Jack up off the floor and into his arms. Jack stirs slightly and nestles his head into Corbyn's chest, making the older almost 'awe' out loud.