Zach / Zonah - Faking It

They had too many plans for the day, and Zachary was exhausted. He woke up after his less than two hour night sleep, feeling like he had just been hit by a bus. He didn't necessarily feel sick, just really, really tired, and his lack of energy probably wouldn't improve with their countless interviews and promo lined up today. He lied in his bunk for a few minutes, staring up at the ceiling, listening to the other hustle around as he thought about what he could do. He would not be able to get through the whole day feeling like this.

Suddenly, a harsh light blinded him as his curtain was pulled back, and he whined loudly, moving away from the source and covering his face.

"Hey Zachy, we need to start getting ready for today!" Corbyn's bright voice met Zach's ears as the younger boy looked towards him, the light still shinning brightly. Zach couldn't even bring himself to get up, so he just whimpered and closed his eyes, opening them right after when he felt himself drifting. Corbyn watched him slowly, his expression changing slightly in confusion.

"Zach, are you feeling okay?" Corbyn's voice softened as he placed a hand against Zach's cheek.

"No." He grumbled, which wasn't really a lie; he didn't feel well, but not in the way Corbyn meant.

"Oh shit, do you think you'll be able to do the interviews?" Corbyn's concerned look made Zach's stomach flip guiltily, but he still went along.

"I don't know Corbs." He whimpered, giving the older boy his best puppy dog eyes. Corbyn pouted and squeezed his shoulder lightly.

"You don't look too good..." the older mused, chewing on his lip conflictedly. "Okay, give me a minute, I'm going to talk to Jo." Corbyn quickly left the bunk area, a peaceful silence meeting Zach's ears. The youngest boy sighed; despite having just lied, he couldn't not think about the idea of sleep, which was all he could focus on in that moment. He closed his eyes again, pulling his cover up to his shoulders and snuggling more into his pillow.

Just as he was about to doze off, a large hand shook his shoulder, and he reluctantly peeled his eyes open to be met with Jonah's concerned ones.

"Hey buddy, Corbyn told me you weren't feeling too good." Jonah's comforting voice soothed Zach, and the youngest smiled weakly; although, it wasn't a difficult task to make his eyes look droopy.

"Jo, I feel so bad but I don't know if I can bring myself to do the interviews. I feel really awful." Zach let out a low groan, his lower lip trembling. Jonah sighed, running a hand through Zach's hair and feeling his forehead slightly.

"Don't worry about that right now Zachy, we can cover it all. You just focus on resting and making yourself feel better. The last thing you need to think about is feeling bad." Then why is that all he felt? As Jonah walked away, Zach couldn't help but look after him guiltily, sighing. It was too late to turn back now. He could just spend the day chilling and then pretend to feel better by tomorrow. No one has to know the truth.

Slowly, Zach drifted into a well deserved sleep, his previous worries vanishing as the darkness took over.

He finally woke up a few hours later, looking around in confusion; the whole area was swallowed in silence, and it took him a while to remember what had happened earlier on. Zach waited for a few minutes before slowly exiting the bunk. He looked around excitedly, thrilled by the idea of having the whole tour bus to himself for the day, and he felt much more rested. It was now almost 1pm, which meant that he had been asleep for nearly fours hours.

The first thing he did was immediately go to the small kitchen area and begin preparing himself a gourmet breakfast/lunch, frying some beacon and eggs and pouring himself some orange juice. He leaned against the counter, watching the sizzling food as it cooked, his mouth watering.