Daniel / Zaniel - Anxiety Attack

*requested*

(requests are currently closed cause i have so many, sorry! if you've requested already, i'm in the process of writing it! also, thank you to everyone who comments on each chapter, waking up and reading them all is amazing! thank you x)

I can't do this. They're going to find out, they'll make fun of me, I can't handle this.

Daniels mind races as he leans against the bathroom door, his chest tightening. He's panicking about having a panic attack, that's new. He holds his chest, feeling it raise unevenly, and he knows if he doesn't calm down soon, he won't last very long.

Daniel is very anxious, he panics about every small thing, especially when he's stressed and overworked. That's why he could never work well at school during exam season or when a big project was due, since he constantly had to stop because of the overwhelming feeling of panic that began arising.

Right now, the boys were on a tight deadline to finish writing and recording their songs for their new album, plus finishing their tour. Daniel thought that since he was doing what he loved, it wouldn't affect him so badly, but he was wrong.

"Dani? You in there?" Zach, Daniels younger boyfriend, calls from the other side of the door, making Daniel jump. His airway is still locked up, and he's scared he won't be able to speak.

"Y-Yes." His voice wavers, and he hopes Zach doesn't catch on. He focuses on breathing so he can speak, and slowly he can feel his airways opening up slightly.

"I need to shower, could you hurry up please?" He asks sweetly. Daniels eyebrows furrow in frustration and he bawls his fist, knowing he can't let himself panic over this as well; having a time limit makes it so much more stressful. He closes his eyes as he tries his absolute hardest to calm down.

"Okay babe, I'll be out in a bit." He calls out weakly.

"Thank you." Zach's voice goes fading as he skips away, making Daniel sigh in relief. Eventually, he feels his chest losening and he slides down to the floor, finally being able to breath properly. He stays there for another few minutes to make sure it's fully passed before slowly getting up and looking at himself in the mirror. He wipes the tears he hadn't even realised had fallen and takes a deep breath, looking at his now even more pale complexion in disgust. He then turns the tap on, to the coldest setting, and splashes water onto his face, letting it drip for a few seconds as he stands still over the sink before grabbing a towel and drying his face softly. He sighs once more, still feeling a soft shake in his hands. He moves over to the door and unlocks it. He jumps though, when he opens it to find Zach right on the other side, his fist raised as though he were about to knock. Zach also looks taken aback, but smiles immediately when he sees his boyfriend.

"Sorry I took so long Z." Dani apologises, placing a sweet kiss on Zach's forehead, making the younger smile.

"It's okay Dani. I just wanted to make sure everything was alright." Zach says, looking up at Dani with large eyes. Daniel gives him a tight fake smile, and he hopes Zach can't see through him.

"Everything is absolutely fine." He lies, before walking off, giving Zach's shoulder one last squeeze. He sighs once he's out of Zach's earshot; he hates having to lie to him, but he wouldn't want Zach having to worry about him. The younger boy has enough on his little shoulders already. But the anxiety attacks were getting worse, so Daniel had thought of the only thing that he knew would help him; they needed to get the album finished as soon as physically possible.

***

The boys all meet up for their daily recording session, preparing all the equipment and instruments whilst chatting and laughing wholeheartedly. Except Daniel. The brunette wanted to focus on nothing more than getting the job done so he can have a weight lifted off his shoulders. He groans when the boys ignore his calls again, so he just starts working on his own. They haven't picked what song they want to do yet for the last song of the album, so Daniel just randomly grabs one lyric sheet and sets himself up behind the mike. The boys finally stop talking when they hear the countdown signifying they were going to record, and they look at Daniel, confused, as Corbyn quickly cancels the recording.