Corbyn / Jorbyn - Lost Voice

just a quick one! hope you enjoy xx

[unedited]

The Why Don't We boys were bang smack in the middle of their Europe tour, having the time of their lives performing for their fans almost every night, waking up in a different country every morning. It really was a dream come true.

Corbyn wakes up one morning, still in the tour bus, to a light tickle in the back of his throat. Once his eyes are fully open, he coughs slightly to ease the tickle, but then groans when it doesn't do anything but worsen it. He decides to ignore it and get out of bed, rolling onto the tour bus floor. Jack snorts at this from his bunk, making Corbyn wordlessly flip him off and walk into the main room, where Jonah and Daniel are talking near the coffee machine. Of course. Jonah is the first to notice Corbyn, his whole face lighting up.

"Morning Bean! Want some coffee?" He asks, giving him a large, cheesy grin. Daniel scoffs and mutters 'why don't I get offered coffee', but Jonah completely ignores him.

"Morning-" Corbyn stops talking when his voice cracks, and his face flushes in embarrassment. Daniel laughs at him, and Jonah smiles slightly. He tries clearing his throat before speaking.

"Sorry, no coffee for me thanks." His tries again, but his voice still comes out raspy and crackly. Both boys' faces drop, noticing this.

"Everything alright Corbs? Your voice sounds pretty rough." Jonah asks, concerned. It was times like this that his overprotective side came out. Besides, he was pretty smitten over Corbyn.

"Y-Yeah, just a little sore. I should be fine in a bit." Corbyn tries to smile, but he can't deny the looming feeling that the tickle was becoming more of a pain the more he speaks.

"Want some medicine or something?" Jonah asks, not letting Corbyn go so easily. Corbyn gives him a sharp look but then reconsiders, thinking of the day they had ahead.

"Fine." He grumbles, sitting down at the table and leaning against the cool wood, closing his eyes. A few seconds later, someone lightly massages his shoulder and he cracks his eyes open, seeing Jonah standing above him. The older looks at him sympathetically, handing him the small pill and a glass of water. Corbyn quickly downs the pill, cringing when the friction makes his throat burn. Tears spring to his eyes and he abruptly grabs Jonah's wrist, making the older boy panic slightly. Corbyn keeps his eyes squeezed closed, waiting for the pain to pass. When it finally does, he breathes out a breath of relief.

"That hurt so fucking much." Corbyn whimpers, looking up at the older boy with sad eyes. Jonah looks at him with his eyebrows furrowed in worry, and he quickly runs his hand through Corbyn's soft hair, rubbing his neck gently when his hand reaches it.

"Aw I'm sorry bub, is there anything I can do to help?" He asks calmly, his eyes never leaving the younger boy. By this point, all the other boys have entered the room, watching the two worriedly.

"Probably not." Corbyn says quietly, trying to not strain his voice.

"What's wrong Corbs?" Jack asks softly, coming up to the blonde boy. Corbyn looks at Jonah suggestively to ask him to speak.

"His throat hurts a little." Jonah says. Jack makes an 'oh' sound, smiling sadly at Corbyn.

"Sorry bro, will you be able to sing today? Cause you know we have that acoustic performance of 8 Letters, right?" Jack says. Corbyn frowns, gulping slightly in fear and immediately wincing in regret.

"I-I'll be fine, I just need to stay hydrated." Even through Corbyn's broken smile, they can sense his hesitance and his unease.

***