Jonah / Donah - Migraine

hey again! im going back to school today and i have exams soon but ill try to update as much as possible. if you have any feedback or requests, feel free to tell me! xx

From a young age, Jonah had been prone to migraines. They always came when he's extremely stressed or tired, which his fairly unfortunate considering his job. He's never mentioned this to his bandmates, merely because he can handle a goddamn headache himself; he's old enough. But, they are quite annoying, and sometimes can get way too painful for him to handle.

So when he wakes up one morning with an immediate splitting headache, he groans, covering his eyes from the blinding light coming through his curtain. He takes a deep breath, trying to calm the pounding down. He doesn't move, trying to not worsen the pain.

Suddenly, there's a knock on the door, and Jonah groans again before looking over at the open door. There, stands his bandmate, Daniel.

Now, Daniel and his relationship was... complicated, to say the least. They were constantly flirting with each other and messing about in a way friends wouldn't usually mess about in. But they're both straight... right?

"Jo, wake up, we need to leave soon." Daniel says loudly, going over to open the curtain. As soon as he does, the light floods into the room, making Jonah screw his eyes shut in agony. He whines and rolls over, his head splitting in pain.

"You okay bro?" Daniel asks, coming over to the side of the bed and caressing Jonah's bare shoulder.

"Huh? Oh, uh, yeah, I'm fine thanks. Just a little tired." Jonah says, trying to act nonchalant. He flings his legs over his bed, letting the bedsheet fall off and exposing his bare chest, making Daniel smirk. When Jonah stands up, Daniel steps so that he directly in front of him, and not so discreetly checks out his toned muscles. Jonah blushes, covering himself with his arm.

"Not bad, Marais." Daniel murmurs, looking into Jonah's eyes, who was still blushing. With that, he exits the room and leaves Jonah frozen to himself. Jonah stands there for a few seconds, before lightly shaking his head with a small smile on his face and pulling on a sweatshirt. Jonah sighs, remembering the pain in his head; he squeezes his eyes shut for a second before breathing deeply.

You can do this Jonah, he says to himself, you're not a baby. He exits his room and goes downstairs, his head pounding with every step. His pain multiplies when he enters the loud kitchen, and he regrets even having gotten out of bed.

"Ah, morning sleepy head! Want some coffee?" Corbyn asks chirpily, already in the process of getting it ready. Jonah internally groans, knowing caffeine has the tendency to worsen his migraines.

"No thanks bro." He says. Bad move. Everyone in the room freezes, and Daniel immediately steps forwards.

"What? No coffee? Are you feeling okay?" He asks, preoccupied, trying to place his hand on his forehead. Jonah scoots away quickly, avoiding his hand.

"I'm fine." He snaps quickly, annoyed, before watching guiltily as Daniels face drops and everyone stays silent for a few seconds.

"Oh. Okay. Sorry." The younger finally murmurs, backing away quickly and speeding out of the room. Jonah groans, wiping a hand down his face; he knows how sensitive Daniel is, he can't handle being snapped at. He feels like a complete bitch.

"Jo, that was mean." Zach says, raising his eyebrows at the older band-member. Jonah sends an unfriendly glare his way, his head already causing him to feel shit enough as it is.

"I know it was Zach, for Christ sake!" Jonah fumes, quickly skirting around the rest of the boys to grab his keys and leave the house quickly. When the door slams shut behind him, he breathes in deeply, the cool, fresh air immediately alleviating some of the torturous pain. He's stumbles down to sit on the step in the front porch, holding his head in his hands. He shivers wildly, goosebumps appearing on his bare arms, but he knows he can't just go back in; he was bound to get bombarded by the other boys.