Chapter 7: Back in Meadowcliff

~Ollie~

       Someone was gently shaking me awake so I opened my eyes, letting my sight focus in the dark before furrowing my eyebrows at who was there. Grant was standing beside the bed, looking as if he just came back from going out somewhere.

       I turned to my nightstand and checked the time on my phone before looking back at Grant. "How come you look like you went out somewhere?" I asked. "It's three in the morning."

       "I... I was about to go out," Grant said. "The cravings got too strong and I was... I was going to score some coke but I... I couldn't make it out the front door. And I know it's really early but can you stay awake with me to make sure I really don't go out?"

       "Yeah, of course," I said, sitting up on the bed. 

       "Are you sure you're okay with it?" Grant asked.

       "Grant, you're my boyfriend," I said. "And you would do the exact same thing for me if I was the one wanting to leave in the middle of the night. We could watch a movie or something. To help us stay awake."

       Grant smiled softly and took off his sweater before climbing back onto the bed as I reached for my TV's remote. I told Grant he could choose the movie for us to watch but he said he didn't care what we watched.

       I chose a movie I knew Grant liked and hoped it would help him get his mind off of wanting to leave the house. I knew nothing he did was going to magically stop his cravings but right now, it was best to distract him.

       While the movie was starting up, Grant said in a very quiet voice, "I hate feeling this way. Feeling so weak."

       I gently grabbed Grant's hand, intertwining our fingers together. "I wish there was more I can do for you. Sometimes I feel like talking to you isn't enough."

       "It is enough," Grant said. "Believe me, if I didn't have someone to talk to, I would have cracked a long time ago. One of the reasons why I didn't head outside is because I immediately thought about you. I thought how... disappointed you would be in me."

       "Grant, I already told you I could never be disappointed in you," I said. "You're struggling right now. I can't be disappointed that you're struggling. That would basically make me a horrible person."

       "You can never be a horrible person," Grant said.

       "Just like how I can never be disappointed in you," I said. "Do you want me to get some food and drinks from the kitchen? We can have a mini movie viewing party that will definitely help us stay up at night."

       Grant nodded so I got up from the bed and left the bedroom, heading into the kitchen to grab some snacks and drinks. The first thing I decided to do was make some microwavable popcorn, hoping I didn't wake Dad up from all the noise I was making.

       If I did, it was his fault for not ignoring the noise.

       When the popcorn was made, I sprinkled in some sour cream and onion seasoning. I grabbed a few more snacks and some pop as well before heading back into the bedroom. Once the door was closed behind me, I sat down on the bed and placed everything down on it. "How does all that look?" I asked.

       "Perfect," Grant said. "But not as perfect as you."

       "Even at three in the morning, you still try to flirt with me," I said.

       "Try and succeed," Grant said. "Thank you, though. For being willing to stay up with me."

       "Of course," I said. "If I do end up crashing because I feel exhausted, just wake me up again."