Chapter 22: It's Only Getting Worse

~Grant~

       I haven't gone to work in a while since my relapse had been a bit tough on me and I barely had the energy to do anything. At least Dan and Destiny were understanding of it. If I was working anywhere else, I doubt I would have been given so many days off and still have a job.

       I was determined to get back to work, though. I was still a bit tired from not being able to sleep properly but I really wanted to still be able to live my life and not let all of these symptoms control my life.

       "Are you sure you're okay going into work today?" Ollie asked as I buttoned up my work shirt. "I just... I would hate for you to pass out again like you did last time."

       "I'm not going to pass out again," I said. "I'm nowhere near feeling as exhausted as I did that one day. I'm fine."

       "A lot of people say they're fine when they're not..." Ollie said.

       I looked over at Ollie, seeing a worried expression on his face. Normally, I would be irritated if people didn't believe that I was fine when I said I was but with Ollie, I could never be irritated. He was just worried about me.

       I walked over to him, taking both his hands in mine. "I promise you, I'm feeling fine. I'll be okay at work. You don't have anything to worry about."

       "When people tell me I don't have anything to worry about, I just worry a lot more," Ollie said.

       "Look, even though you really don't have anything to worry about, just think of this," I said. "Dan and Destiny have been sending me home every time I'm really not okay to be there. I'm not saying things will get worse for but if it does, I'll be sent home."

       "What if Dan and Destiny are both not working there today?" Ollie asked. "What if nobody there knows what you've been going through so they don't send you home? What if--"

       "Ollie," I interrupted. "I'm still in training so Dan is going to be there. It's going to be fine. Just fine."

        Ollie nodded but I could tell he was still worried so I gently cupped his face in my hands and softly pressed my lips on his. I really didn't want him worrying about me the whole time I was at work but I didn't know what else I could say to get him to believe I would be fine.

       When we pulled away from each other, Ollie buttoned the remaining buttons on my shirt for me. He placed his hands on my shoulders, giving me a small smile. "Take things easy, okay?"

       I smiled back at him. "I will. I promise. And because you are being so adorable and loving, I will bring you a milkshake home after work. I know it won't be enough to put your mind at ease but just think of the delicious, creamy drink you'll be getting afterwards."

       "You're right," Ollie said. "That doesn't put my mind at ease. Why would you think that puts my mind at ease?"

       "Because the milkshakes from the diner are the best," I said.

       "Well... Yeah, but that still doesn't put my mind at ease," Ollie said. 

       "What if I throw in some nachos?" I asked. "Or some pizza? Or both?"

       "Still doesn't make me less worried. But I'm not opposed to some pizza and a milkshake."

       "Then I will make sure to bring some home for you," I said before kissing his cheek. "I love you, Ollie."