Chapter 35: Deep Secrets

~Ollie~

       I didn't want to jinx it but I really think Ernest was done with Grant. I wish he stopped a long time ago, knowing what he was doing was wrong, but I guess what it truly took for Ernest to stop was losing Hennessy.

       Grant was doing a lot better at least. He didn't have the stress of dealing with that group anymore so he was able to focus a lot more on school and the orchestra. There was still some stress in his life but it wasn't as severe as before.

       And hopefully, today will be a great day for him. He deserved a lot of happiness in his life, especially today.

       It was Saturday and he was still sleeping, despite it being one in the afternoon and me waking up a while ago. He tended to wake up shortly after I did, only if I woke up before him. Most of the time, he woke up before me.

       I should let him sleep in but I went back into our bedroom anyway and flopped down on the bed beside him, hoping the movement was enough to wake him up. It wasn't.

       I sighed, sitting up on the bed, debating how I should wake him up. I ended up deciding on probably the most civil way to wake him up; gently nudging him. "Grant," I said.

       Grant stirred a bit, groaning loudly as he pulled the blanket over his head. "I'm trying to sleep," he muttered.

       "It's one in the afternoon," I pointed out.

       "Time is just an illusion," Grant said.

       "Does that mean your birthday is an illusion too?" I asked. "I guess we're not celebrating today even though I was going to promise you that whatever you want to do today, we'll do it."

       Grant hesitated before slowly removing the blanket from over his head. "When you say anything, does that also mean getting engaged?"

       I chuckled and leaned down, pressing my lips on Grant's for a soft, lingering kiss. When I pulled away, I gave him a soft smile. "Happy birthday."

       Grant smiled back. "Thank you. Also, I didn't hear a no to getting engaged."

       "I figured it was easier to just not answer than it was saying no all the time since you're going to keep asking me," I said.

       And because honestly, part of me was debating it. Should I even be debating it? We were young. Grant just turned eighteen today and I was turning eighteen in less than three months. Was it wrong to get married so young?

       Either way, I didn't think I could tell Grant I was debating it. Most of the time, he did mean it as a joke every time he asked me to marry him. It was one of our things. It had been even before we started dating. I didn't know if he was truly, one hundred percent serious about it.

       "So since you said we'll do anything I want today, how about a trip to the diner?" Grant asked. "I'm in the mood for some milkshakes."

       "Then we'll do exactly that," I said. "But first..." I leaned down again and pressed my lips onto Grant's. I could feel him smile through the kiss as he reached up and wrapped his arms around my neck, pulling me closer to him.

       Grant soon pulled away after a few moments. "Quick question," he said. "Is your dad home?"

       "Yes."

       "Bummer. I guess we'll have to save this for later."

       I rolled my eyes and gave him one last kiss before getting off the bed. "Come on, get up."