Chapter 25: One Year Anniversary

~Ollie~

       Grant sat down beside me while I was playing the piano, something I've actually been doing a lot more often than I normally had been. I did still play it fairly regularly but for some reason, I've been wanting to play it a lot more than before.

       Probably because I was still trying to perfect La Campanella. I could make it through the whole song but I still made some minor mistakes. I didn't want to make any mistakes.

       "So I have a question," Grant said. "Can I ask you or do you need complete and utter focus to continue playing?"

       "Just a second," I said since I was close to the end of the song. Once I finished it, with yet another mistake, I took my hands off the keys and looked at Grant. "What's up?"

       "So I know we were broken up for two months but exactly a year ago, you kissed me," Grant said.

       "Grant, you kissed me," I said.

       "Yes, but you told me to kiss you," Grant said.

       "Exactly," I said. "I told you to kiss me. And you did. It doesn't matter if I told you to kiss me. You still kissed me."

       "Yeah, whatever," Grant said. "So my question was is it our one year anniversary today? Or did our anniversary get changed to the day we got back together?"

       "Doesn't matter," I said only to bug Grant since he has been quite the pest recently.

       "Excuse me?" Grant asked. "It... It doesn't matter? How dare you say it doesn't matter? That's like saying I don't matter. Do I not matter to you?"

       I smiled at him. "I'm kidding, Grant. Of course you matter. You mean the world to me. And I kind of assumed our anniversary was today. I'd rather it be today instead of the day we got back together."

       "Because it's the day you finally stopped being oblivious?" Grant asked.

       "I wasn't oblivious," I said.

       Grant sighed, resting his hand on my shoulder. "My poor Oliver Asher. You were oblivious. The most oblivious person I had ever met. I was surprised it took so long for you to take the hint. And even then, it was only because I actually said it, not hinted at it."

       "Okay, maybe I was a bit oblivious," I said. "I was still getting used to the fact that you weren't the jerk I met on the first day school school."

       "I'm sorry but who is the one that pushed the other up against the locker and threatened to kill him?" Grant asked.

       "Are you ever going to drop that?" I asked. "Or at least tell the full truth? Because I didn't threaten to kill you at all."

       "Yeah, sure, so want to have an anniversary make out?" 

       "Not now."

       Grant sighed. "Fine, I guess I'll just have to suffer. Knowing that my boyfriend doesn't love me at all. That he never wants to make out with me."

       I rolled my eyes and kissed his cheek. "So what do you want to do today?"

       "That is a surprise," Grant said. "But I kind of need you to leave the house for a bit."

       I furrowed my eyebrows. "But I'm trying to work on the song."

       "If you do, will you pay attention to anything I'm doing?" Grant asked.