Chapter 14: The Brothers and The Cousin

~Grant~

       I walked out of the diner to the outside seating, carrying three milkshakes to the table Ollie and Aurora were sitting at. "I'm really happy I get to rub it in Dan's face that I get a discount now since he always refused to give me one," I said, setting the milkshakes on the table and sitting beside Ollie.

       "Who's Dan?" Aurora asked. "And is he single?"

       Ollie sighed. "Do you have to ask that question for every name you hear?"

       "Yes," Aurora said.

       "Well, to answer your question, he's the half-owner of the diner," I said. "The other half is my cousin who Dan is happily married and they have four, almost five, kids so no, he's not single."

       Aurora sighed. "My love life will be a complete fail if everyone I come across is in a relationship."

       "You're seventeen," Ollie said. "You don't have to find someone right n--"

       Aurora held up her hand to stop Ollie from talking. "Don't finish that. You don't get to tell me that I don't have to find someone at seventeen when you're the same age as me and you have a boyfriend you're clearly madly in love with."

       "Yeah, Oliver," I said. "Don't tell her she doesn't have to find someone now when you have someone now. So want to get married?"

       "What? No," Ollie said. "What does us getting married have anything to do with-- Never mind, this is you we're talking about. You change every topic into us getting married or... The other thing that you never shut up about."

       "Can I be a bridesmaid?" Aurora asked.

       "We're not getting married," Ollie said.

       "Buzzkill," Aurora said.

       "Yeah, buzzkill," I agreed, giving Ollie a smile to annoy him even more. I was getting along well with Aurora and apparently, when Ollie's boyfriend and cousin teamed up to annoy him, it didn't really make him happy.

       As much as I loved making him smile, I also loved annoying him because his lips curled into the most adorable pout in the world and it only made me fall in love with him even more.

       And I was already as in love with him as I could be.

       My phone buzzed with a message so I pulled it out of my cell phone to read it, sighing heavily. "Seriously?" I muttered.

       "What is it?" Ollie asked.

       "I told Noah and Julian yesterday to meet us here at this time," I said. "And Julian just texted me saying they just woke up so they're getting ready now."

       "They just woke up?" Ollie repeated. "It's two o'clock."

       "And it's also summer vacation," I said. "School doesn't start for another week so of course they're sleeping in as late as they could. In fact, the only reason why they're waking up now is probably because their parents woke them up."

       "I have a question," Aurora said.

       It was kind of obvious what Aurora was going to ask so I answered the question before she even got to answer it. "They're my brothers. Noah has a boyfriend and Julian has a girlfriend."

       "Dang it," Aurora said. "Oh well. I'll guess I'll just stay single for the rest of my sad, miserable life. I might as well start adopting some cats. They'll keep me company while I just watch everyone I know and love find someone and get married."