Chapter 17: Senior Year

~Ollie~

       The school always sent out the students' schedule the week before we went back and since we lived in a small village, it didn't take long to get our schedules. Once I got mine, I felt like dropping out of school now that I was seventeen and my dad couldn't stop me.

       Why did I have to have my dad as a teacher yet again? He tried ruining my life last time and put me in a group with my mortal enemy.

       ...Who turned out to be the love of my life but that was besides the point. I would appreciate it if Dad didn't turn to things that happen in the classroom to punish me. Knowing him, if I stayed out until curfew or something, he would give me detention instead of grounding me.

       At least Grant was in that class too. Dad would probably end up retiring from being a teacher though, especially if Grant wasn't afraid to use his endless amount of innuendos in class.

       Which he probably would be that was one thing Grant never shut up about.

       Aurora was starting school in Spruceworth as well since she was still living with us. And she was in Dad's class as well so Dad was probably very close to retiring.

       Aurora, Grant, and I walked to the school together and once we got there, Aurora disappeared in the crowd of people, probably trying to find someone to date because she was always going on about how she hated being single.

       My boyfriend living with us probably didn't help.

       Grant and I met up with Hennessy and Vikram before first period started so we could see if we had any of the same classes. Since this was a small village where there was one school building for everyone started in kindergarten and ending in the twelfth grade, it wasn't too surprising when we shared the classes we had together last year.

       When the first bell of the day rang, we all went to first period together, which was unfortunately the class we had with my dad. At least I could get it done and over with every school day.

       As soon as we walked into the classroom, Grant asked, "Is there a seating plan? I feel like there's a seating plan since you don't like me and you'll want to separate me from Ollie."

       Dad sighed. "Grant, you know I do like you. I just don't like the comments you're always making towards my son. And to answer your question, no, there isn't a seating one. I was planning on making one, for the reason you stated, but I didn't have the time."

       "You could have done alphabetical order," I pointed out.

       Grant elbowed my side. "Don't give him any ideas."

       "No, it's fine, I can't do that either," Dad said. "For starters, you and Hennessy would have been beside each other and I'd rather you sit with Ollie than Hennessy because last year, you wouldn't stop arguing with her."

       "Because she's annoying," Grant said.

       "Grant, we all know you're the annoying one," Hennessy said. "Now I'm going to go find a seat before I start arguing with you because of how annoying you are."

       Grant stuck his tongue out at Hennessy before I grabbed his hand and pulled him to two seats in the back of the class. I was hoping I would actually be able to get away with sleeping in class at times and the best way to do that was by sitting in the back.

       Though I bet my dad would notice as soon as I fall asleep, and then he would ground me because he always mixed up his punishments from me at home and at school. I got arrested two times and Dad decided instead of grounding me, he should put me in a group with someone I nearly fought on the first day.