Chapter 29: The Violinist

~Ollie~

       I was really hoping my mom wouldn't find out I was planning on turning down the audition at LM Conservatory. She was really upset when I lost my spot there and afterwards, she was constantly trying to get me to apply to a new school.

       She may have let the idea go of me attending a music school for high school but that was different. I was given another chance for LM Conservatory. She wouldn't be happy if she found out I wasn't going to go, even for post-secondary.

       I asked Dad not to tell Mom and he did promise he wouldn't since he knew how much pressure Mom put onto me with the whole music school thing.

       But that didn't mean she would find out another way. Mom's contact information was on my record at LM Conservatory since I was living with her at the time and if I didn't call to set up an audition, they might call her to set things up.

       I hoped they didn't. I really didn't want to go there.

       Grant had started going to all his classes now. He was still worried about going to the class where he doesn't have anyone he knows in there but at least his medication was helping a bit.

       "Is it bad that I don't even know who got cast as what in the musical?" Grant asked as we sat down in the auditorium close to the orchestra's seats.

        I furrowed my eyebrows. "You really don't know? Didn't you come to the first rehearsal after the cast list was posted?"

       "I'm pretty sure I slept during that rehearsal. Did Hennessy get cast? Is she the witch? She'd be perfect for the witch because she looks like one."

       "She's not the witch."

       "Dang, that's unfortunate."

       "Grant, Aurora's the witch," I said. "You should know. She lives with us and talks about it all the time."

       Grant shrugged. "I tend to ignore her at times. Except for when she's boosting my ego. So what's Hennessy? Is she one of the trolls?"

       "There... Aren't any trolls in the musical," I said. "And she's Cinderella."

       "Oh. Boring. She should have been the cow."

        I wasn't even going to question Grant anymore. Sibling relationships were very confusing at times. I didn't have a sibling so I wouldn't know if this was a normal thing.

        Then again, it just might be a Grant thing considering our relationship was also confusing with all the times we've 'broken up'.

       "Do you seriously not know anyone in the musical?" I asked. "Because three people you're related to play large roles."

       "Wait, really?" Grant asked. "Because Hennessy's the only one I'm related to that's in the high school with me."

       "But Mrs. Goldsworth opened the musical up to the whole school this year," I said. "Not just high school students. She's going to see how that works since last year, Wilbur was Chip and did really well. If things work out, then she's always going to open the plays to all students."

       "When was that announced?" Grant asked.

       "It was all over the musical's audition posters," I said. "And the principal announced it a few times over the morning announcements."

       "Huh," Grant said. "So... Who else is in the play that I know then?"

        Seriously, how did Grant not know any of the cast this year? The cast list was posted a while ago. Three of his family members were cast. Aurora was cast too and she lived with us.