Chapter 32: Blackmail and Threatening

~Grant~

       I wiped the blood away from my nose, leaning back into the chair I was sitting on in the middle of an abandoned warehouse. I was currently in a lot of pain but I couldn't let them know. They would have to give up.

       Eventually.

       "Just to warn you, I can do this all day," Donnie said, crouching down a bit so he was at eye level with me. "So you better do exactly what I say."

       "No," I said. "I'm not. He won't believe it. Why would you want me to anyway?"

       "Because we know you only agreed to the revenge job to try and stop it," Donnie said. "We're not stupid. So we're going to make your life as miserable as we could. Again, text the message I told you to send if you want us to leave you alone. For now."

       Donnie just wasn't getting it. Ollie knew I had to go meet up with these guys. He was probably already worried since I wasn't back when I said I would be. There would be know way he would believe the text message that came out of the blue when I went on multiple rants today about how perfect Ollie was and how I wanted to marry him.

       Then again... Maybe if I do send the text, Ollie would for sure figure out something was wrong and should figure out that Donnie and the others are involved. 

       Because I was still hesitant, Donnie said, "Fine, you want to play it that way? You either send the text message out or we'll get that message out another way. And to make things a bit clear, we'll personally send that message out."

       I was starting to think Donnie wasn't really good at his job if he kept using the same thing over and over to blackmail me. Every chance he got, he would threaten Ollie.

       Well, maybe he was good at his job because he knew I would do anything for Ollie. I just wish they never found out about Ollie in the first place.

       I didn't even know how they found out about Ollie. When I lived with them in Meadowcliff, I never said anything about my life in Spruceworth. The only thing I told them was that I wanted to leave the village behind. I never told them why. I never told them about my family. My friends. The love of my life.

       And when I came back to the village, I stayed hidden the whole time. They didn't know where I was. They didn't know I was staying with Ollie. They only found me in Spruceworth because I was walking through the village to find them.

       How did they find out about Ollie?

       And why didn't I think of it before?

       "So what's your decision?" Donnie asked. "Text message or us visiting Oliver?"

       I didn't reply, mainly to be a pest to Donnie. But I did make my decision. Ollie was smart. He would get that something was wrong.

       So I took my cell phone out of my pocket and typed out the text Donnie told me to. I flipped my phone around to Donnie to show him what I typed. "Is this what you want?" I asked.

       "Exactly what I wanted," Donnie said. "Perfect. This should destroy your relationship. Which is such a shame because judging by your past messages, you seem to clearly be in love."

       I glared at him and turned the phone screen back to me so Donnie would stop reading my messages to Ollie. Though it mainly consisted of me asking Ollie to marry me.

       I sent the message to Ollie, having to show Donnie so he knew I sent the message and didn't type anything additional.

       And Donnie was stupid enough to not take my cell phone from me afterwards. It was still in my hands and when he and the others weren't looking, I was going to slip it back into my pocket and hope he forgets about it.