Chapter 40: Graduation | Final Chapter

~Grant~

       "Grant, seriously, I know I can tie my own tie," Ollie said, swatting my hand away.

       "You didn't seem to know how on prom night," I said. "You were struggling very hard and had to get your dear, old father to tie it for you."

       Ollie glared at me, tying the tie around his neck. "That was only because I was a nervous wreck about proposing to you. I have nothing to be nervous about so I am clearly capable of doing this on my own."

       "Alright, fine, but you might want to hurry up," I said. "We have to be at the city hall in fifteen minutes."

       "I'm almost done," Ollie said.

       "How is it that recently, you're always the one who is the last to get ready?" I asked. "I'm the one who always takes the longest to get ready."

       "Because you also start getting ready a lot earlier than I do," Ollie said, finishing with his tie. "I've become a procrastinator during our final year of high school. Which we'll actually officially be finished today."

       "It's going to be bittersweet," I said. "I'll be happy I no longer have to wake up early, at least for a while, but also sad I won't walk through the hallways where you first threatened to kill me."

       Ollie sighed. "You know, I thought us graduating from school would make you finally drop that thing that never even happened. I guess not."

       I just smiled at Ollie and held his hands in mine. "I do it to bug you. Because I love you."

       "Uh huh."

       I continued to smile at Ollie, smoothing his tie. "You look very hot, by the way."

       "Thanks," Ollie said, finally cracking a smile. "I would compliment you too but your ego annoys me too much."

       "Why, thank you."

       "What? That wasn't a compliment."

       "To me it was." I walked over to our couch where the bags with our graduation gowns, caps, and sashes were. I picked them up and handed Ollie's to his. "We should really get going."

       We left the house and went to the city hall where our graduation ceremony was going to be held. As excited as I was to graduate, I was going to be very bored during the ceremony since I wouldn't be sitting with Ollie. 

       Then again, I was going to be sitting beside Hennessy so maybe I could bug her throughout the ceremony.

       We still had time before we had to line up in alphabetical order by last name so Ollie and I went to stand where Hennessy and Vikram were. "I was starting to think you two were going to be late," Vikram said.

       "We almost were because someone was taking too long to get ready," I said, glaring at Ollie.

       "Uh, no, I wasn't taking too long," Ollie said. "I just waited until the last minute to get ready. There's a difference."

       "Yeah, whatever," I said before looking back at Vikram. "So I've been meaning to ask you something and if you say no, I'll cry."

       Vikram furrowed his eyebrows. "Uh, okay. What do you want to ask me?"

       "How would you like to be my best man at my upcoming wedding?" I asked.

       "Wait," Vikram said. "Is this a serious question or is it a question to bug Ollie because you won't stop asking to marry him?"