Chapter 12: The Name and The Ex(es)

~Grant~

       "Grant, are you okay?" Ollie asked as he was digging through his shirt drawer. "You've been staring at your phone for a while."

       "Oh, yeah, I'm fine," I said, locking my phone and putting it in my pocket. "I just got an email from work. Someone vandalized the 50's diner."

       "What, really?" Ollie asked with a frown. He chose a shirt from the drawer and turned to face me. "What exactly happened?"

       I really should have told Ollie immediately after he asked about what happened at the diner but I ended up changing the subject when Ollie started putting his shirt on. "No, don't put a shirt on."

       "Grant, I've been icing the bruise all day," Ollie said. "I don't have to do it anymore so I'm putting on a shirt, especially because I'm pretty sure we can't go to trivia night without a shirt."

       "Oh, I know," I said. "I just don't want you to put on a shirt because I like checking you out and reminding myself that you're mine, not your ex-boyfriend's."

       Ollie sighed as he put on his shirt. "Are you ever going to get over that? And why did you change the subject? What happened to the diner?"

       "Nothing too bad," I said. "Just some graffiti on the windows. Destiny and Dan just emailed all the workers to let them know and to ask us to tell them if we know anything about who did it. So can you take off your shirt now?"

       "You know, there are times where I really hate dating you," Ollie said. "Do you ever stop with the innuendos?"

       "To be fair, that wasn't really an innuendo," I said. "It was just me acknowledging how hot you are and how much we should get on this bed and--"

       "I'm getting ready to leave to go to the diner," Ollie said before walking out of the bedroom but he was nice enough to quickly kiss my cheek.

       I got up from the bed and walked out of the bedroom as well, grabbing my wallet and putting on my shoes. There was a trivia night at the diner and Ollie thought it was a good idea for us to take part of if with Hennessy, Vikram, and Ernest. The four of us haven't hung out together since I left Spruceworth, and Ernest was joining because according to Ollie, it was hard getting Hennessy and Ernest apart.

       I didn't mind. I haven't formally met Ernest and I had to make sure he knew what would happen if he ever hurt my sister, even if he accidentally said something to her that slightly hurt her feelings.

       Ollie and I left the house and made our way to the diner. "So you've met Ernest, right?" I asked. "Do you know him well enough? What's he like? Is he worthy enough to date Hennessy? Do I need to kidnap him and lock him in a shack?"

       "Uh, I don't think so?" Ollie said, sounding very confused.

       "You don't think so to what question?" I asked. "I asked multiple questions."

       "Then maybe ask one question at a time," Ollie said. "And to clarify, I was answering your last question. I haven't know him for long since I met him shortly after you left but I think he's a great guy. He's sweet and makes Hennessy really happy so I don't think you need to kidnap him."

       "You think he's great?" I asked. "Maybe you should date him too since you've dated other people."

       "That doesn't make any sense," Ollie said. "Because I had two exes, I should date anyone I think has a great personality, even if I'm not even attracted to them?"