13┃Jacob

The sound of pencils scraping the paper filled the room. Jacob sat back and stared at his drawing of a flower with its reproductive parts.

What am I doing with my life?

He sighed stapling the drawing sheet to his omr sheet. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's a list of the question numbers with four circles beside it to mark your answer.

In other words, it's a colour book to fill with your design.

         "I'm done." He said lifting his palm without removing his elbow off the table.

The invigilator nodded at him before continuing to doze off.

         "Man...psst..." a voice called behind him. "What's the answer to the third one?"

Jacob shook his head getting up from his seat. He walked to the front of the class and grabbed the marker from the invigilator's hand. The guy moved a little but went back to snoring. Jacob squeezed himself in between the chair on which the teacher was sleeping and the whiteboard and began writing down the answers.

He finished and headed back up to his seat.

         "Man you're the best." The guy who asked for the one question muttered as he quickly copied it all down.

         "I know," Jacob replied yawning. He needed coffee. He couldn't do a stakeout if he was sleep deprived.

There was still an hour left for the examination to end. He could get some sleep in. And he would have if some random teenager hadn't barged into the room holding two guns out.

The girls sitting in the front yelled at the top of their voices.

         "DOWN! NOW!" Jacob yelled before hitting the ground. The guy immediately began shooting. The girl sitting beside Jacob fell on the ground with a thud.

She had a bullet to her chest. Her eyes slowly diluted. Jacob closed her eyes. He grabbed his pocket knife, the only weapon he could carry around without looking suspicious. He peeked at the guy shooting. He was standing right in front of the door. From the angle Jacob was sitting in, he couldn't hit any important part of the shooter.

Well, except for his junk.

Jacob had sworn he would never hit another man in the crotch after he got hit once. But if it involved saving other lives, he didn't think it counted.

He got under the desk again as the guy shot in his direction. Jacob flipped the knife, holding the blade part between his index and middle finger. Just as the guy paused to reload one of his guns, Jacob aimed and shot the knife right at his crotch. He dropped both his guns and yelled.

Jacob got up and ran to him and grabbed both the guns from him.

The students slowly got up, all looking shaken.

         "Sandy!" A guy dropped down beside the girl. He yelled shaking the girl's lifeless body, tears falling down his face. "SANDY!"

Chad walked to him.

         "How many shooters are in the building?" Jacob asked holding a gun pointed at the shooter.

         "I'm Chad. Antonio's son, so unless you want to mess with my father, you will answer his questions." Chad said when the shooter just looked at him.

The shooter visibly gulped. " ANSWER!" Jacob growled as he pressed the gun closer to his head.

         "Four. Including me." He replied.

Jacob got up. In a class of about twenty students, he could see only about ten still standing up. They were either covering up their mouths to stifle their sobs or they were comforting someone else.

A high school shooting on the day that they were supposed to stake out on Jonathan's drug deal did not sit right with Jacob. Plus the fact that Christina and Chase bunked on the same day just made his gut feeling grow stronger.

He passes Chad a gun. "Get everyone out of here safely."

Chad nodded as he led them out the class.

Jacob left in the opposite direction, the side from where he could hear more shots.

         "Stand right there." Jacob heard a voice and a gun click behind him.

He slowly turned to face another shooter holding a gun pointed at him.

         "It is you. Jason Black." The shooter mused. "And here I thought i would have to kill the whole school before I could track you down."

And that's when he knew. This was personal.

✘✘✘

✘✘✘

||A/N||- Another one. I'm going to put the poll up again. Who's your favourite character right now?

Alexa
Jacob
Christopher
Chase
Christina
Stephen