5┃Christina

"Tʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴄᴀɴ ʀᴇᴀᴅ?"

Alexa fidgeted in her chair. She seemed to be trying to find a comfortable position to sleep. This was something Christina could have ignored, but not when it was in class, as Mrs Dorothy was speaking about DNA.

Christina leaned over and poked Alexa with her pen. Alexa stopped fidgeting and glared at her with a question in her eyes.

         "Dork queen over there - " Christina pointed to the front of the class. " - has suspended more people for doing way less. Pay attention."

Alexa sighed and did ask she asked. At least for the next two seconds. Then she resumed fidgeting. After about two minutes, she seemed to have found her right position. That was when her head started to droop.

         "Ms Black!" The teacher called out. Alexa jumped and looked at her. "Am I boring you?"

The shocked face immediately disappeared and the sassy attitude, that Christina noticed when they first met, came back.

         "Yes. As a matter of fact, you are." Alexa replied. One of the guys whistled from the back. No one has ever tried to talk back to dorky since her favourite word was -

         "DETENTION."

         "Cool," Alexa replied. She pulled her hoodie over her head and dropped her head completely on the desk and began to sleep.

         "MS. BLACK." She yelled out. Mrs Dorothy looked like a cartoon character getting mad. Christina could imagine her turning red and having flames come out of her ears. It was only moments away from when the glasses on her nose where going to crack.

         "What's up, Dorothy." Alexa looked up.

         "What makes you think you can talk to me like that?" She asked.

         "Maybe the fact that I am?" Alexa replied looking bored.

         "Just you hold on." She said and walked out of the class. This had never happened before. She always kicked out the students that disturbed her. She never walked out.

The class was silent for a second, and then they all started speaking at once. Lot of their eye's in her direction.

         "Where did she go?" Alexa asked her.

         "Who knows?" She replied. As the class weirdo decided to walk towards them.

         "Hey. I'm Derek." Derek introduced himself to Alexa.

         "Alexa." She replied.

         "Do you have a date for the dance yet?"

         "Nope."

         "Well, would you like to go with me?"

         "She will think about it," Christina replied for her. Alexa nodded. "You can go sit down."

         "Why think?" She asked once he left.

         "He's a weirdo. Trust me you don't want him to take you to the dance." Christina replied.

         "Who should I want to take me to the dance?"

         "Well. There is this guy that I think you'll get along well with." She said as the teacher walked back in looking pleased with herself. "That is if you're into guys."

         "ALEXA BLACK." Mrs Dorothy read off a piece of paper in her hand. "YOU HAVE BEEN SUMMONED BY THE HEADMASTER TO DETERMINE YOUR FATE FOR THE REMAINING LIFE THAT YOU HAVE AND LET ME TELL YOU, IT AINT GOOD, DARLING."