15┃Jackson

Jackson silently pledged never to get on Alexa's bad side. At least not more than usual. The muffled yells of the shooter in front of him as Alexa cut another finger off his hand, brought back memories Jackson didn't want to revive.

They were in an abandoned warehouse. The shooter tied up on a chair with Alexa in front of him with a hedge clipper.

         "I can make this last way longer than it has too." Alexa snarled at him. "I still have ten toes and 7 fingers left."

The guy whimpered.

         "You ready to speak?" Christopher growled.

That guy was scary when he needed to be. He had already cut one finger off by the time they had reached there.

Alexa removed the cloth that was stuffed into the shooter's mouth.

         "Answer!" Jackson ordered. "Who paid you?"

The shooter kept this mouth shut looking at them. Some of these goons are really as dumb as they look. Christopher pushed his head back and pointed a scissor, blade side, at the guy's eye.

         "Don't. Please don't." He whimpered.

         "Then answer," Alexa said waving Christopher off.

         "I don't know the name." The shooter said as Christopher backed.

         "Is it him?" Alexa said showing a picture of a guy on her phone.

         "No. That is Jonathan James." The shooter replied.

All of their eyes stayed on him.

         "I don't know who that is." He immediately corrected himself.

         "One of your guys said that "Alexa Black was meddling in businesses that wasn't hers". What did you mean?"

         "I don't know." The guy said shrugging indifferently.

         "You son of a bitch," Christopher swore.

         "All of you out," Alexa said not taking her eyes of the shooter.

         "What?" Chris asked.

         "OUT," Alexa repeated louder.

Jackson walked outside the warehouse not checking if Chris was following him. He knew Alexa, or Lara as she was called in the previous mission, and he knew that if she had something up her sleeve he wasn't going to question it.

The stood outside the entrance to the warehouse as he grabbed his cigarette packet from his pants and lit one up.

         "Smoke?" He asked as Christopher came to stand beside him.

         "How old are you?" He said taking one.

Jackson threw him his lighter. "Nineteen."

         "And you dated Alexa? Isn't she seventeen?" He asked.

         "Aren't you dating that librarian? Isn't she twenty years younger than you?" Jackson asked back.

         "Holy shit! How old do you think I am?" He exclaimed.

         "Forty-five?" Jackson guessed.

         "I'm thirty!" He whined. To think this was the same guy who had a scissor to a guy's eye a second ago.

         "Well, I'm surprised," Jackson said. "Still five years older."

They stood in silence as they heard muffled screams from inside.