11┃Chase

"Is this the place?" Alexa asked.

         "Yeah. Just drive to that entrance." Chase replied pointing ahead.

The place was swarming with guards as usual. On the outside, it looked like any other apartment complex. But on the inside, it was a bungalow. This was the first time Chase or Christina had brought anyone home.

Alexa stopped near the security gate. One of the guards walked to them and leaned down at her window. He winced as a shard of the broken window entered his hand.

         "Watch out," Alexa said.

         "Ma'am, you're not allowed - " he began as he removed the shard.

         " - They're with us." Christina quickly said.

         "Mr and Ms James." He greeted looking at them in the back. "Yes of course. But we are going to have to check them."

         "No," Chase said. "They are our friends. You're not checking them."

Jason looked between the guard and Chase with a worried look in his face.

         "Chase, I'm sure it's fine." He told Chase.

         "No, Jason," Chase replied. He turned to the security guard. "Let us in."

The guard nodded uncertainly and walked back to the gate. Alexa drove the car in and parked it in the basement.

         "Aren't you guys supposed to be rich or something?" Alexa asked as they got out of the car. "I didn't think you lived in an apartment."

Chase glanced at Christina. "You'll see. Also, I'll get your car repaired tomorrow."

         "Could you call me when you get it done? I want to be here to make sure the repair guy doesn't mess it up." Alexa asked.

         "You think you know better than my repair guy? Calm yourself, woman. The men will take care of this."

Alexa paused before replying. "It's more about the fact that it was my mom's car and I have some emotions attached to it."

         "Oh," Chase said. "I'll call you."

Alexa nodded as Christina looked her arms around hers. "How about I give you a tour?"

Christina dragged her to the lift as Chase and Jason followed.

         "I took care of the fight that happened earlier," Chase said.

         "Do you know why?" Jason asked.

         "Turns out he was jealous about the vice-captain position." Chase lied. "Or it might be because he likes my sister and she seems to be gaining a soft spot for you."

         "That makes sense." Jason agreed. "But who paid him?"

         "I think he said that just to get out of your sister's wrath." He replied. "By the way, I don't think it was right of you to let her fight me. Woman aren't supposed to be doing shit like that. Where did she learn to fight anyway?"

         "Self-taught" Jacob replied as the got onto the lift.

         "Talking about me?" Alexa asked as Christina pressed the button to the last floor.

         "Didn't your mother ever teach you about how a woman should behave?" Chase asked.

         "Excuse me?" Alexa said through gritted teeth.