36┃The Final Battle

Alexa

"You look beautiful," Alexa muttered under her breath as Stephen sat down beside her. He was well dressed for the occasion, a light blue vest and a jacket on top. "No date?"

"Well, Jackson and I both decided that it was better if we didn't bring in our emotions in this battle." He replied sarcastically. "Where's yours?"

"Getting me a drink." She replied pointing to Christina, in a short red dress, near the snacks table. The dance was held in the school's inside basketball court. A banner hung right at the end of the court read "Homecoming Dance '19!" in bright blue colour.

"Do you think this is going to work out?" He asked as he pulled out a bag of skittles out of his pant pocket. Alexa raised an eyebrow at him, shrugged and then popped a few in her mouth.

"If everything goes according to plan, then...maybe," she replied.

"That's encouraging," Stephen muttered as he ate a few more skittles.

"If it does go bad, don't worry. You'll be dead so you won't know." Alexa replied. Stephen paused his hand halfway to the chocolate packet and turned to look at her.

"Has anyone mentioned what a great leader you are?" He asked.

"Guys, concentrate on what's important right now will you?" Ryder spoke through their earpieces. "Chase, Jacob, how are things up there?"

Ryder could hear all of their conversations but they couldn't hear each others till she switched it on for them.

"Don't worry about us. We're just having a beer and chilling." Alexa heard Jacob joke.

"We have just reached the party. Everything else is set up. You should be able to get inside the system now, Ryder." Chase said as Christina walked towards her slowly, balancing two completely filled glasses.

"Stephen!" She squealed when she saw him. She passed Alexa her drink. "Where's your date?"

"He doesn't have one," Alexa replied for him as she took a sip of the bright orange drink.

"What? No. Hold on, you see that really drunk girl by the table... that's Sandy." Christina quickly pointed at a girl who was wearing a dress that showed more cleavage than most of the Kardashians. "She came to the dance alone too. I could set you guys up..."

"Nah. I'm good," Stephen replied. "I'm going to go get myself a drink and socialize. I'll see you guys later. Use protection!"

He walked away and then turned back as if just realising. "Oh wait. You guys won't need it."

Alexa smirked as Christina blushed. Stephen walked away and Alexa shook her head while chuckling.

"What?" Christina asked.

"Nothing," Alexa replied smiling. "Just that
...I was right."

▬▬

Jacob

"Can you imagine what they must be gossiping about?" Chase asked. He popped a mint into his mouth and offered Jacob one.