10┃Jacob

"Yᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴘᴀᴛʜᴇᴛɪᴄ."

         "Chris is coming over in ten minutes," Alexa announced as Jacob walked into the living room.

         "Oh cool. I'll be right back." He replied walking towards the pool. After he finished his business he walked into the kitchen.

         "Get me a beer!" Alexa yelled from the adjacent room as the front door opened.

Chris quickly snatched the beer from Jacob's hand and turned to Alexa. "You're seventeen. You're not drinking under my watch."

         "Then get out," Alexa replied calmly. "This is my house."

         "Al..." Jacob said. "He isn't wrong."

         "You're barely a year older than me." She said. "And don't call me Al."

He shrugged his shoulders as he took a sip.

Chris turned to him. "You are a disappointment. You should set an example for your younger sister."

Jacob looked at him like he was crazy. "Chris, did you hit your head? You know this is an act right?"

         "Plus, for someone who has killed, I'm pretty sure that drinking some beer isn't going to be a problem," Alexa said.

Christopher grunted. "Not on my watch." He repeated.

Alexa got up and grabbed another beer from the fridge and took a sip right in front of Christopher.

He looked like he was trying to hold back a 'You're grounded, young lady.'

         "Whatever. Your doom." He muttered instead of walking over to the hall to look at what they were working on.

         "Oh, by the way," Jacob picked up the bucket, gloves and a mop that was placed on the side of the wall and handed it to Chris. "Time to clean up your shit."

Chris grumbled under his breath as he put on the gloves.

Once he left, Jacob turned to Alexa. She was sketching on her drawing tablet.

         "Can I ask why you aren't including Chris on this?" He asked.

         "Can I ask why there is still shit in the pool when the handyman cleaned it up already?" She asked back not looking up from her drawing.

         "Well, I had to relieve myself somewhere." He replied.

She shook her head, chuckling slightly. Her hands moved swiftly across the screen making the sketch look more and more realistic.

         "I don't want to tell Chris because I don't trust him."

         "You trust me?" Jacob asked.

         "Nope. But I can take you on easily if it comes to the worst." She replied.

         "That," Jacob stressed. "Isn't true. And even if it is, you couldn't take Chris on? That guy?"

         "Don't underestimate him." She said still sketching.

         "All cleaned up," Chris said entering the room. "And for what it counts, that wasn't my shit. So screw you kids. I'm out of here. I've got a date."

Jacob glanced at Alexa. She didn't even bother to look up.

         "Okay. I'll ask." He said. "Date?"