28┃Alexa

Alexa knew her job involved dealing with annoying people on a daily basis. However, she didn't think it would be the person she was working with.

Jacob waved at her as she replied with a death glare. It was almost unnatural how easily she could shoot daggers with her eyes.

He, however, didn't seem nerved. He pushed through the crowd, came to the bar and sat down on the stool beside her.

      "How'd you get in?" He asked as he took a sip from her drink.

      "The bouncer is an old friend of mine." She replied, playing with a drop of the drink on the table. "And so is this bartender, so unless you want him to poison you, definitely not under my orders, I would suggest you leave immediately."

Jacob didn't reply. Instead, he ordered a few shots. "To death." He said and clinked his glass to hers and then emptied the whole thing in one gulp.

      "To death," Alexa muttered and emptied her shot glass.

      "So what are you really here for?" Jacob asked. Alexa sighed, she couldn't get him out of there and she couldn't leave either. Might as well use this to her advantage.

      "Christina is coming in.." She glanced at her phone. "Five minutes."

      "How come I wasn't invited?" Jacob asked as he gestured the bartender to give them another round. He gave him a nod and picked out four glasses and began filling them.

      "Cause I was planning to finally get somewhere with her. Since you clearly can't do it." Alexa replied.

      "What the hell do you mean?" Jacob asked as the bartender left. "I told her I loved her a few days back."

      "Did she say it back?" Alexa asked, smirking.

      "She...uh...needs..some time," Jacob argued.

Alexa turned in her seat to face him. "Jake, I need to break something to you." She placed her hand on his shoulder as he glanced at her from the corner of his eye. "Among the two of us, Christina has the hots more for me."

      "No way," Jacob replied.

      "100 bucks says I'm right," Alexa replied facing the bar again.

      "You're on," Jacob commented as he pulled out his phone.

Alexa fiddled around with her empty cup, trying to balance it on one end as Jacob called someone.

      "Chris, get out of here. Christina is coming."

Alexa rolled her eyes. Of course, he followed her.

Just then Christina jumped on her and hugged her from behind.

      "Alexaaaaaaa." She squealed. Jacob cleared his throat beside her.

Christina let go and turned to him. "Jason! Alexa didn't tell me you were coming."

      "She didn't know," Jacob replied. "Can I get you a drink?"

Christina nodded as Alexa got out of her chair. "Why don't you love birds hang out for a while. I'm going to go find an empty table and watch...whatever's playing on the Tele." Alexa said.

      "You can hang out with us." Christina offered.

      "Nuh uh," Alexa replied. "I've seen Jason with girlfriends and I do not want to be the audience for all that gooey crap. Aurevoir."

Alexa walked up the bar to find another seat as she saw Chase from the side of her eye. Looked like all brothers are annoying bodyguards.

A guy in his late twenties, wearing a suit, approached her and asked her if he could get her a drink. He had high cheekbones and silky smooth hair that had highlights of grey, probably to make him look more mature.