Chapter 3: Senses

Hoseok's friend walked towards their table and sat beside Hoseok. Yoongi was excited to see the guy, the guy that helped him yesterday night. He's hiding his excitement by putting on an emotionless face though.

'What the hell Yoongi? Why are you so excited to see him. Do not fall for him.' Yoongi thought in his head.

"So, guys this is Jungkook. He is a childhood friend of Namjoon and I, we've known each other since like forever through our families." Hoseok said happily, excited to finally let his best friends meet Jungkook.

"Hi! I'm Jeon Jungkook, I'm 23 years old. I study in the same university as you guys too." Jungkook introduced himself with his signature bunny teeth smile to appear more friendly.

"Hello! I'm Jimin, a beta, this is Taehyung,an alpha, he is my boyfriend and this is Yoongi a-"

"Beta." Yoongi said as he cuts Jimin off, afraid that Jimin might let his tongue slip. Yoongi said it with the most uninterested voice ever. He does this all the time as a way to be seen as more cold.

"Oh I forgot, I'm an alpha." Jungkook said.

"A true alpha to add." Hoseok commented.

"Wow! You don't look like one." Taehyung said but received a smack from Jimin on the arm.

"Ouch! What? I didn't mean to sound rude.. I'm just used to seeing true alphas like Namjoon hyung." Taehyung said in a low voice.

"It's okay. I'm used to getting that. I don't feel offended or anything." Jungkook said with a little chuckle.

They continued their conversation like any normal group of friends even though they just met Jungkook. Yoongi on the other hand just stayed quiet the whole time, eating and playing on his phone.

"Hey, I need to go home now. My mum just texted me." Yoongi said and was standing up.

"Aw.... but Yoongi..." Jimin whined.

"For the record, I am still grounded." Yoongi said and wanting to leave already.

"Ah wait! I-" Jungkook stood up abruptly but stopped and realised what he was doing.

All of them looked at him confused, including Yoongi who stopped his tracks. He did it but it was not him, his inner wolf who wanted to stop Yoongi.

"Um... I.. er.. wanted to ask if.. if I could, maybe, take you home...?" Jungkook asked with the world's most unsure voice.

Jungkook silently cursed himself, 'this is why people don't think you're a true damn alpha.' His inner wolf mocked him. 'Shut up' Jungkook answered his wolf.

"Er... I'm not sure. I barely know you. I'm sorry." Yoongi answered, because the truth is that he just met Jungkook aside from yesterday night.

"Okay...It's okay." Jungkook said and sat back down.

"Hey, you want me and Tae to take you home? It's not really safe to walk home alone." Jimin offered and Yoongi just accepted.

After the trio left, it was only Jungkook and Hoseok. "Hey Hoseok, can I ask you something?"

"Sure, spit it out." Hoseok said.

"You known Yoongi since like you were a child, right?"

"Duh."

"You're an alpha but are you senses that weak? I sense that Yoongi isn't a beta. Or is it just me?" Jungkook said.

Hoseok choked on his own saliva. He didn't expect Jungkook to have these strong of senses.

"Oh my god! Calm down. I literally thought you are going to die." Jungkook said and patted Hoseok's back.

"No no. Yoongi's a beta. He is. It's just that he doesn't seem like one." Hoseok defended.

"Oh okay... It's just... I don't know. My wolf's kinda acting weird when Yoongi's around even though I only met him twice." Jungkook said as he slumped into his chair.

Hoseok didn't know how to answer that and decided to stir the conversation away and it worked. Jungkook really wanted to know Yoongi more but he didn't want to be seen as pushy because Yoongi doesn't look like he wants to talk to him.

-At Yoongi's house-

"Yoonie, why are you so distant suddenly? Especially after Jungkook came?" Jimin asked Yoongi after Taehyung left.

"I just don't want to get attached." Yoongi deadpanned.

"I know it's hard to open up but Jungkook seems like a nice guy. It looks like he will be apart of our friend group soon." Jimin said when both of them reached Yoongi's room.

"I don't know. You know how long I took to be at least comfortable around Taehyung and Namjoon hyung." Yoongi answered after he landed on his bed.

"I just don't want to get hurt." Yoongi said but with a much smaller voice, almost like a whisper.

Jimin went silent. Yoongi is a very sensitive person despite the persona he puts on in university.

"Can we stop talking about him? Please." Yoongi said as he sat up.

"Okay, I'm sorry." Jimin said and hugged Yoongi.

Jimin and Yoongi were best friends since they were kids. Jimin knew he kinda hurt or rubbed Yoongi in the wrong way. Yoongi was even more sensitive after they started highschool. People get hurt and they just start to change in order to protect themselves. This is what happened to Yoongi.

All his close friends and family members knew but decided never to talk about it. Jimin and Yoongi just talked for hours after, just chatting about everything and anything.

Deep down, Yoongi knew Jungkook doesn't mean any harm but he was just scared to open up again.

;Hey! I'm back, so I'm sorry if the chapters are boring, I want to start building up the plot and stuff. Yoonkook will not be happening soon but it will happen in future chapters after Yoongi opens up or maybe forced to. Who knows? Please let me know what you guys think. Please remember to vote and comment 💕 Bye bye 👋;

P.s. I don't really want to write Hoseok calling Jungkook 'hyung' because it feels weird to me despite their age in this story. So just think that Jungkook and Hoseok dropped the korean honorifics because of how close they are.