Chapter 32: Break

It had been two weeks since the whole argument happened and both the males decided to give each other space to rethink about everything.

Right after Jungkook was done with his rut for a week, he received a message from Yoongi.

"Let's take a break and think about everything."

Let's just say that Jungkook had never been so zombie like all throughout his life until now.

Yoongi had been attending class like normal, he did not tell Hoseok or Jimin about the whole ordeal. He was just acting like his normal self. Attending classes, doing assignments, taking quizzes and hanging out with his friends.

Jungkook on the other hand avoided attending lectures. He did not want Yoongi to see him in this state.

He knew he was like shit now. He had just been drowning himself at work.

He had tried to contact Yoongi but he back out everytime before pressing the send button. He had also been avoiding Hoseok.

Hoseok had been suspicious of the two males but he just kept it to himself because Yoongi looked like he was fine.

While Hoseok was hanging out with Yoongi at the smaller's room, he decided to say something.

"Yoongs, how's things with Jungkook?"

Hoseok saw Yoongi tense up at the mention of Jungkook's name. He noticed how Yoongi started to shift unnaturally.

"We're... doing okay."

"Min Yoongi, we are friends since we're like infants. You still can't lie for shit. What happened?" It was so easy for Hoseok to see through Yoongi's lies.

"We are like... kinda... taking a break?"

Hoseok raised his right eyebrow, having a done look on his face. Yoongi knew it meant Hoseok did not want to hear bs.

Yoongi sighed and just spat everything out. Hoseok sat on his bed, listening to Yoongi blabber on without interrupting him.

After Yoongi was done explaining, Hoseok could see sadness in Yoongi's eyes.

"Have you tried calling or texting him again? It's been two weeks." Asked Hoseok while messing with his phone.

"No... I was the one suggesting that we should take a break and Jungkook respected my decision. So I don't know when or how to reach out again." Yoongi was playing with his sweater paws, feeling down.

He kind of regretted about running away from the problem rather then trying to solve things out together with Jungkook.

"Wanna go to 16th Street Cafe? Take a breather and think things out."

Yoongi nodded. His mind was busy thinking about solutions to end this dilemma.

●○●○●○●○●○●

While the duo was talking nonsense, Hoseok was busy texting on his phone. Yoongi was slightly offended that his best friend was not paying attention to him.

"Yah! You asked me to come out and you're here playing with your phone?" Hoseok was shocked to hear Yoongi's statement.

"Calm down Yoongs, I'm just texting a friend. No need to get all sassy."

They continued to talk while eating desserts. Hoseok's eyes kept on darting to the main entrance. Yoongi squinted his eyes noticing the odd behavior of Hoseok.

"Who are you expecting Jung Hoseok?" Yoongi sealed his lips into a tight line.

"Park Jimin."

Yoongi rolled his eyes and said that Hoseok could have told him earlier so he could order some sweets for Jimin.

Hoseok just shrugged but his eyes suddenly brightened up. He waved his hands, telling Yoongi that Jimin was here. Yoongi just nodded and shifted his attention to the menu.

"Minnie, do you want soft cookies or donuts?"

"Sit the fuck down!"

Hoseok's loud voice made Yoongi jump up. When he was about to yell at Hoseok, his eyes landed on the maroon haired male.

Yoongi stood up quickly wanting to ran away but Hoseok caught him in time and pushed him back onto his seat.

"You lied to me." Venom thick within Yoongi's voice.

"No need to thank me. Talk things out. Be mature and act like adults. Don't fight in public." After ending his speech, Hoseok walked out from the cafe and drove away.

Both the males sat there in silence. Neither of them wanting to be the first person to speak up.

Yoongi noticed how pale Jungkook looked. His hair was unkempt, bags under his eyes and he looked very worn out.

Jungkook looked everywhere except looking at Yoongi. Yoongi could see how bloodshot the older's eyes were.

"Kook... I... Sorry..." Yoongi had enough of the suffocating silence.

Jungkook still didn't look at him which kinda hurt Yoongi's feelings.

"Kook, I'm sorry about running away. I know... I know you are trying your best. I should have understood your state in mind that time. Please just look at me."

Yoongi was sincere with his apology. Yoongi was not the kind of person who apologised easily. He had always been stubborn and had too much pride to say sorry but now he really felt like he was in the wrong for not considering what Jungkook was going through at the time.

The moment Jungkook looked into Yoongi's eyes, Jungkook wiped away a tear that escaped.

"Can we talk in private?"

Yoongi nodded and he tailed behind Jungkook who went to his car. The ride to Yoongi's house made Yoongi wanted to jump out from the car.

:I'm listening to Agust D 28 and it hits deep. I'm like questioning my life lately and listening and reading the lyrics of 28 kinda made me more calm, cuz seeing Yoongi talk about his experience in life makes me feel a little more reassured because it makes me realise people will go through this stage of life constantly. IDK my emotions are a mess lately lol. It's so true that the people who are Yoongi bias are because we can relate to him. I'm an example lol. Yeah, writing is like my escape from life lately when compared to sleeping cuz I can't sleep. So more updates, woo-hoo!: