Markus and Connor

Leaning on my bike, watching the area. Slowly eating a bagel as the street was busy. My eyes locked on the protesters in front on me. "35% unemployment, millions out of work, are we going to do something?" the leader of the protesters asked his group. He just kept going over and over with what do we want. They would yell back as the leader kept passing back and forth. It was really getting annoying at this point. I stood up and turned my back for a second. "Where the fuck you going tin can?" I heard and turned around to see that the leader had walked in front of an Android. The android tried to get away from the man, but the man step the same way he did. "Hey guys, cheek it out, we got one of those tin cans here..." he stopped and I pulled my helmet off. They were around him and one pushed him. "Look at the little mouthfucker. You steal our jobs, but you can't even stand up." I heard a lady say as I put my helmet down and walked over. One had kicked him as I reached there.  

"Alright, that's enough." I said to them. The man turned to me and I stared at him. "And who are you?" he asked me. "She's probably it's owner." the lady said to him. I moved my vest and they stared at my belt. The leader turned back to the android and I walked closer. "Let him go." I said to him. "Let us teach this bastard a lesson." he said to me. "You break him, you pay for him." I said to him. He turned and stared at me. He let the android go and took a few steps back. I grabbed the android's paints and the leader of the protesters stared at me. I handed the paints to he android and watched as he walked away and to the bus stop. I turned to the protesters and stared at them. "Protest all you want, anything destructive will get you fined." I said to the leader. I took a few steps away and seat on my bike before taking off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stood in front of the house and sighed. I pulled out my case file and stared down at it. A series of robberies. All rich house, all older people, all painting of value. I sighed and put my file back in my bag the hung off the bike, pulled my helmet off and watched as a younger man walked away from a house. He looked pissed and I sighed. I've tried several houses asked questions, I've talked to the victims, stared at tapes from cameras and nothing. I'm left to worn people. I walked up to the house and lightly tapped on the door. I focused a smiled on my face, again. My face was starting to hurt form all this smiling. I took a few steps around the front door, before I knocked again. The door opened and I face to face with the android I saved a few hours ago. "Can I help you?" he asked me. Maybe it's not. "Hello, I'm detective Sarah Anderson. I've be tasked to deal with the robbers in this part of town. May I come in?" I asked him.

"Markus, who's at the door?" I heard an older voice ask. I pushed myself to one side and saw a older man in a wheelchair. "She said she investigating the robbers in this area." Markus said back to the man. "May I please come in?" I asked calmly. Markus turned to face the man as I stood there. I looked over to the yard and smiled. The small parts for colour showing around the house, nice touch. I turned back and stared at Markus. "By all means" he said and took a step back. I smiled at him and walked into the house. I took off my vest and stood there. Markus took it from me and hung it up. "Come with me detective." Carl said to me. I slowly followed behind Carl as he stopped in front of a sofa. "Please sit." he said to me and I smiled at him. I took the seat and stared at him. I stared down at the Carl's hands and notices colour. "Do you paint?" I asked him. He looked down at his hands before back up at me, before it clicked. "Oh...oh my God." I said before I put my head in my hands. "Are you alright?" he asked me. "I'm fine Miser Manfred." I said to him as I looked up at him. "Please call my Carl." he said to me.

"Does painting have something to do with the investigation?" Markus asked as he set two cups down. "Yes, you see the stolen valuables are painting. Most of them being your originals." I said to Carl. "that's awful." I turned to face Markus and nodded at him. "It is. To the two have any idea? Maybe someone at you showing or a super fan? Someone who seems a little obsessed or off?" I asked them. "No that I can recall." Carl said to me and I nodded. "What about you Markus? Have you noticed anything?" I asked. "Me?" Markus asked me. "Yes." I said calmly. "Nothing in particular seemed off with anyone." he said and me and I nodded. "There is a showing tonight." Carl said and to me and leaned forward. "It's invite only Carl." Markus and I fell back into the sofa. "Alright. Thank you for your time." I said to them. I stood up and walked to the door and stood there at the front door. "Detective." I heard and turned to face Markus.