Don't Try to Stop Her

Walked down the road and both androids following me. "Detective?" I turned my head to face Connor. "Connor, please call me Sarah." I said to him. "Alright Sarah." Connor said and I watched his LED change yellow of a second. "But Sarah, do you think it's safe to be walking around right now?" Connor asked. I turned to him. "What do you mean?" I asked him. "Some androids may see this and think--" "I'm bossing you around." I said and he nodded. "Well how would we fix that?" I asked him. "Well I know one way." Connor said. Connor grabbed my left hand and held it, intertwined our fingers. The fake skin on both our hands faded away and showed only the white plastic.

"Connor--" "It's alright, Sarah." Connor said over me. "Detective, there seems to be life around us, watching us." RK900 said. I turned to face him, he looked so lonely walking back there. I held my hand out for him and he stared at me. "Detective, don't be silly." He said to me. "Come on Nines." Connor said. "Nines?" RK900 and I asked. "Well, he doesn't remember his own name." Connor pointed out. "A nickname." I said. "Or a name if I want it." Nines said and I nodded at him. "It's up to you." I told him. "Detective, put your hand down, before it gets sore." Nines said. "Connection will make you feel better." I told him. He stared at me, but then slowly took my hand.

"Sarah, Lieutenant Anderson is up ahead." I looked ahead again and there was dad. I let their hands go and ran up to him. "Dad." I said, before I reached him. Dad hugged me tightly as I laughed. Dad let go and I turned back to see Connor and Nines. Connor stood there and stared at us. He smiled before dad walked over to him. I watched as Dad pulled him into a hug. Connor's LED changed, before he hugged back. "You did good, Connor." I heard Dad say and I smiled. Dad let Connor go and looked up at Nines. "And who's this?" Dad asked. "This is--" "Nines." Nines said over Connor and held his hand out to Dad. Dad took Nines's hand and shook it. Dad turned to me, his looked was asking for help.

"Connor and I found him. Dad he was left all alone. We couldn't just leave him there." I said and he looked back at Nines. "He was left half assembled." I whispered into dad's ear. "He's also deviant." Connor said. Dad looked back at Nines and stared. "Well come on then." Dad said. I smiled and walked to the car. I got into the back seat and did my seat belt up. My heartbeat had started to already start to quicken.

Driving down the road as the snow was all over the road. "There's no plows out right now." Nines said from the right side of me. "You know there is space up here. You don't all have to sit back there." Dad said. "No, I'm good." I said, stuck in the middle. "Sarah, your heart rate has increased." Nines said. "Sarah, isn't one for car rides." Connor told him. "This is the only way to get over it." I said. "We'll be home soon." Dad said. We kept driving, but Dad hit the breaks. I lowered my head, shielding the back of my neck. "Don't cut me off like that." Dad yelled. I felt a hand on my knee and I slowly looked up at Connor. "It's ok, Sarah." He said to me. I smiled at him and nodded.

We kept driving and Dad hit the breaks again. I closed my eyes as the squeak. "Ya sure. Just walk out in front of me. It's no big deal." Dad said. "Take hold of my hand, Sarah." Connor said and I looked at him. "When you get scared, just squeeze my hand." He added and I took it. We moved again and I held onto Connor's hand. We went past a few lights and I let Connor's hand go. I turned to Nines and he was looking out the window. He looked uninterested at the world. I turned to Connor and he was looking forward. He caught me staring and turned to me. "Connor. I just wanted to say--" We hit a bump and I took Connor's hand.

~~~~~~~~~

Dad opened the door to the house, walking in to Sumo walked up to him. "Easy Sumo." Dad said. I walked in and the boys were behind me. Sumo walked up to Connor and started to lick his hands. "Hi Sumo." Connor said, petting him. "The dog's name is Sumo." Nines muttered to himself. He was analysing the house, looking at everything in site. "I'm going to take shower." I said, walking away from everyone. "Remember Sarah, we have work in two hours." Connor said and I smiled at him. "I know." I said before walking into the bathroom.

~~~~~~~~~

I stood in line and looked at my phone. "Order 175" I heard and I walked up to the counter. It was him and I smiled. "Hey you want to do me a favor?" I asked and he looked at me. I asked him for his number and he wrote it down. I smiled at him before walking out of the building. "Sarah, that coffee isn't the way you normally take it." Connor said, following after me. "Oh I know." I said to him. "You changing things up today?" He asked and I shook my head. "There's a number on that cup. The number belongs to one Beck Johnson." Nines said. "Oh, I know." I said, walking faster. "Come on. We're going to be late." I added as I started to run.

I got into the DPD and walked up to his desk. There he sat and I walked up to him. He looked up at me as I leaned on his desk. "Go away." He said. I held the coffee cup out and he looked up at me again. He took it from me. "A coffee? That's how you're going to make up this huge bruise?" Gavin asked and I smiled at him. "Turn it around." I told him and he slowly did as he was told. He stared at the cup, his eyes widened. He looked up at me and back. "It this real?" He asked, looking like a kid on christmas. "Yep." I said to him. "Sarah." He muttered. "Does this make up for what I did?" I asked him. He looked up at me and stared. "Ya sure... whatever." He said, before turning back to his computer. I stood up and rubbed his hair.

I stared at my computer and heard someone sit in the seat in front of me. I turned and there was North. "Uh... hello?" I said and she stared at me. "I want a job." She said and I stared at her. "Here?" I asked her and she nodded. "Well you'll have to talk to Captain Fowler." I told her. "Oh, I did." She said and I blinked at her. "And what did he say?" I asked her. "Well he said that most of his force has quit. So he needing people." She said. I didn't like where this was going. "Well congratulations." I said, smiling at her. "She's your partner, half." Gavin said and I rolled my eyes. "Why is he calling you half?" North asked. "Well... uh." I said as I raised my hand.

The pale porcelain colour hand showed back and North looked back at Gavin. There was angry burning deep in her eyes and I pushed myself back. North stood up, her hands turned into fists. I stood up and grabbed her. "North, no. Don't." I said, fighting her from attacking Gavin. "What is going on over there half?" Gavin asked. "She's going to hurt you--" "I'll kill him." North said over me. "Gavin, run." I said, almost pulled all the way over the desk. I heard Gavin stand up. North pulled me farther and I fell over the desk. I just held on to her as she tried to after Gavin. I looked up to see Nines, Connor and Dad standing there. Dad had a cup of coffee in his hand, as he watched he was drinking it.

"Get back here." North said, running after Gavin as she dragged me behind her. Nines and Connor ran up to us. Nines grabbed North and Connor pulled me off the ground. I looked up to see Gavin hiding behind Dad. "What is going on here?" Dad asked. "The crazy chick is trying to kill me." Gavin said, pointed at North. "He's a racist." North said. "Me? No, no I'm not." Gavin said. I looked over at him. "Androids are considered alive by the President of the United States. Just in case you missed the news." I said to Gavin. "I'm sorry, I've been busy being in the hospital." Gavin retorted. "You called detective Anderson, half. Didn't you?" Connor asked, looking at Gavin. "It slipped." Gavin said. "I would run, detective." Nines said to him. I looked over at Nines and saw he let North go.

Gavin took over running and I think out of the office, North wasn't far behind him. "North." I said, running forward. I heard the door close and North didn't come back. "Ah damn." I said, turning around. "You alright, detective?" Connor asked. "I'm ok, Connor." I said. "You're shoe came off as North dragged you around." Nines said. "Here Sarah." I turned to Connor and he held my shoe. "Connor, I can put my own shoe on." I said, but he just looked up at me. I sighed and raised my foot. He slipped it on and looked back up at me. "Look at that. My Sarah, turned out to be Cinderella. Who knew she would be a princess." Dad said and I looked over at him. "Not helping dad." I said.

"Most of the DPD force quit because of the uprising. Most of them fled to Canada or just out of Detroit." Nines informed us as I took a seat down. "So most of our co-workers ran off? Without notice?" I asked. "Only 36% of them did, yes." Nines said. "That means..." "No time off for a while." Dad finished for me. "Super." I said and turned back to my computer.