Dances with Death and Run Ins... Part 1

I slowly opened my eyes as I felt someone shake me. I looked up to see dad standing there. "What time is it?" I asked him, rubbing my eyes. "Almost two..." he said looking around. I stood up and stared at him. "What's wrong dad?" I asked him. "Nothing." he said as he stumbbed to the kitchen. "Have you have more to drink?" I asked him. He turned to face me as I pulled the blanket over my shoulders. Sumo braked and I turned to see the door ajar. I shook my head and closed it. I leaned on the door and stared at him. "How did you get home drunk? Don't tell me you drove." I said to him. "I didn't." he said to me before walking back to the living room. "Dad I think you should go to bed." I said to him. He sat on the couch and looked up at me. I started to head to my bedroom, only taking a step or two. "You know." dad started and I turned to face him. "I think Connor is having emotions." dad said and I took a seat next to him. "I could have told you that." I said to him. "Oh ya, well smartypants." he said, pointing at me, in a drunk stat. "He let two deviant go." he started to tell me. He told me about the two girls and they seemed in love to him. How Connor had his gun pointed at them and how he choose not to shot. Before he told me about what happened in the park.

"You what?" I asked loudly. "Jesus, you know you loud right... Shit." he said, rubbing his ears. "I'm sorry, but what, you pointed your gun at Connor? " I asked again. He turned and stared at me, giving me a really look. I covered my mouth like a little kid. "He seemed screaded, slightly worried." dad said staring down at his bottle.I know what or in this case who dad was thinking about. I pulled him into a hug and held him tightly. I didn't say a word as the bottle fell from his fingers, hitting the ground and spilling booze everywhere on the hardwood. I held him there for a moment, before I heard snoring. "A small child." I muttered before slipped out from him and throw my blanket over him. Walking into the bathroom and grabbing a towel before walking back. I throw the towel on the floor and stared at Sumo. "Come on boy." I said to him. I pointed at the couch and Sumo jumped on it before I walked back to my room.

The beeping of my phone shoot me up out of bed. I grabbed a pair of black plants, a pale pink sweater, should be warm enough. I throw them on and grabbed a pair of white shocks. Walking out of my bedroom and into the bathroom. I pulled the hair ties out of my hair and pulling it all back into a bun. I pulled at the sleeves of my sweater before walking out of the bathroom. "Sarah.... Sarah!" I heard Dad yell and run up to the couch. "Dad, dad, I'm right here." I said, looking down at him from over the couch. He let out a sigh as he stared at me. "You fell asleep on the couch so I let you sleep there. I can't carry you." I said to him and he nodded. "I'm going to make breakfast, you want some?" I asked him. He nodded as he sat up on the couch.

I set his plate down at the table and stared at him. "You know we have work in an hour or so. You might want to eat before it gets cold. And don't think I'm going to bring it over to you." I said to dad. I heard him laugh before he walked over to the table. I took a sip of my water and I watched him eat. "Did you clean up?" dad asked me. "More than you know." I said to him before taking another sip. "What's that supposed to mean?" he asked. "Okay this was going to come up anyway so must as well get it out now. I throw out all the booze in this house." I said to him. He set his food down and stared at me. "What?" he asked me. "I did it for your health." I said to him. "That's not-" "I constantly worried about you. Dad I love you and care about you health." I said to him. "I'm a grown ass man. I can take care of myself." he said to me and I stared at him. "Dammit I'm worried about you, you're the only family I have left." I pointed out to him and leaned back in his chair.

He let out a sigh as if he was letting out steam. "Alright then... I'm stop drinking." he said and I smiled at him. "If." he said pointed his finger at me. "If you start to ride in a car." he said to me. "What...Dad...No." I said to him. "If you want me to stop drinking you have to start to ride in a car. It'll help. I didn't say you have to drive, just ride." he said to me. I leaned back in my chair, thinking this over. I sighed before nodding. "Alright dad. If you don't drink I'll started riding in cars." I said to him. He stood up as I did, he walked closer to me and I hugged him tightly. "I love you dad." I said to him. " his one hand patted my head. "Love you too kid." he said to me. We let go and I took my seat back down. I grabbed my fork and started to eat my eggs."You look nice today." Dad said to me and I looked up at him. "Thanks dad." I said and smiled at him. I took a bit on bacon and stared back at him. He was hoofing down his food, but I wasn't going to say anything to him about manners. "Don't chook." I said to him and he stared back up at me. Taking slowly bits, before I got up and set my dishes in the sink. "Don't be late." I said to him.