You're Not The Pizza Guy

"I'm going to take a shower. If the pizza guy shows up, pay the the poor man." I said to dad. "It's an android." Dad called back to me. "Still pay." I said back to him as I started to brush my hair. "Ya ya." he said to me. I looked over at him from the hallway and saw him with a bottle. I walked over to him and set the bottle down. "Don't drink yourself silly." I said to him. "Ya ya. I'm going to use the bathroom before you take it over." he said to me. I moved out of his way as he walked down the hall. I noticed his picture of cole sitting on the table. I smiled for a moment before my eyes landed on his gun sitting in the table. I grabbed it and looked around, hoping he was still in the bathroom. I opened the chamber and saw the one bullet sitting in there. I slowly took the bullet out of the gun and set it back down. "When is the pizza guy getting here?' Dad asked me. "In half an hour or so." I said to him. He slumped himself in the chair as I stared down at him. "Aren't you going to take a shower?" he asked me. "Right. Right thank you." I said to him and walked back to the bathroom.

I closed the door and stared back down at my hand. Still had the bullet with me. I slowly set it next to the towels. I stared at myself in the mirror before my eye fell to my left arm. I pushed my thumb and Index finger together before placing my other hand on my palm. I looked back on the mirror and stared at the porcelain like arm. I felt tears run down my face before I heard a knock on the door. "You alright in there?" I heard dad say throw the door. "Ya, I'm fine." I called back to him. " I just don't hear the water running yet and thought something was wrong." he said back to me. "I'm fine dad." I said to him. "Don't fucking lie to me young lady." he called back. I turned to water on and turned back to the door. "Water is on. Everything is fine." I called out to him. "Love you kid." I heard him say. "Love you too dad." I said to him.

I stood in the shower, the water falling on my face, the small puddle at my feet. What was that with that Android? I touched him and became scared. Fearful as if I was going to die. It felt like three years ago. I felt a small pain in my left shoulder for a moment before I placed them on the wall. My head following suit as it rested in between my arms. "It said, something about an ex-wife. Your mother I guess. Do you still talk your mother?" Chris's question kept rattling around my mind. After everything she just fought with dad. It's hard to think she left one night when I was dealing with Kamski. My wet hair whacked me in the face as I moved in the shower.

I sat in a cafe waiting for her to show up. Dad said to was okay with him if I saw her, but he looked upset. She had gave him the papers and he wasn't handling it well. I took a sip of my smoothie as I stared out the window. The door opened again and I turned to see a man hugging this other guy. I watched as a kid came running up to them. They looked happy to be together, nothing happened to them. I remember being that happy person, being that joyful. I hated being that joyful. Other people told me I was lucky to be alive. I should be grateful that I get to see the sun rise or the night sky. To live my life and enjoy everything that comes in life. They stupid smiles when I opened my eyes, their words telling me what happened. Telling me that it wasn't all bad. I snarled as I turned away from them. Happy people, never feeling the loss yet. Happiness filled the cafe with their laughter. I wanted to get angry and I wanted to scream, but I didn't. I couldn't ruin their moment, so I sat there, letting them enjoy their moment.

"Sorry it took me so long." I turned to see my mother. I stared at her for a moment, she looked focused. From her smile to the to raise of her eyebrow and the slight lean in, it was all focused. The light brown hair all tucked back in a bun, small parts of gray and white were mixed in her hair. She wear a beige suit jacket, a black dress shirt with small white dots lined the shirt. The dress shirt itself was a light material as she wear a beige skirt, tight and stopped before her knees. She slowly sat down and I turned to follow her. The lines on her face, showing slightly, her dark, almost black like eyes staring back at me. "Still living with your father?" she asked me and I slowly nodded at her. "How are things go there?" she asked me. "Dad gets drunk every once and while. He's still healing, I can hear him crying some nights." I said to her. "Honey," She started.