I Could Ask You The Same

I shut off the alarm and ran out of the house. I didn't even have anything to eat, I just left. I was going to be late if I ate. I stopped and stared at the car in front of the house. Damn him. I walked up the car and got in. It drove itself to the house and I opened to the door. My feet hitting the ground and I sat there for some time. I was regretting now. If I had, and I throw up I would have something to throw up. Standing up and walking through the snow and up the ramp. I sighed as I get to the door."Hello, Detective Anderson." I jumped and I looked up to see Chole standing there. "Jesus Chloe, you scared the shit out of me." I said to her. "Elijah has been waiting for you." she told me. Yippy.

I stood there waiting for mister I'm ready before he walked into where Chloe made me wait. I stared up at him as the door closed behind him. "How did you do this?" he asked me. "I stopped my co-worker from getting shot." I told him. Pulling my jacket off and showing him the arm. I watched as he shook his head. "You're going --" "no." "--to need a new--" "No" "--one." "NO" I said over him and he sighed. "Stop being a baby." he told me. "It this how you talk to all your friends?" I asked him. "Who said we were friends?" He asked me. "You did." I told him. "Ahh- there." he handed me the broken arm and I sighed. "You know what's going to happen now that that is out." he said to me. "I do. Yes." I told him. "The really question is if I still have that other arm." Kamski stared at me and I did the same.

"It's started Sarah." He said and I sighed. "Great." I muttered. I stood up and walked to the door. "I'll set up an appointment for you." I turned to Kamski and blinked. "You're going to need it." He added. "Thanks." I said to him. I walked out of the door and to the entrance. I put my coat, boats and hat. Scratch then, I couldn't get the hat on. I opened the door, only to jump back. Dad's car was pulling up and I could see two heads in the car. I closed the door behind me and walked out, my hat swaying in my fingers. Dad got out and I heard his phone go off. I stood there as he was talking on the phone. Dad looked at me and sighed. He set the phone on his shoulder as he leaned his head to hold it. Taking the hat from me and putting it on my head.

"Thanks dad." I said as he went back to his phone. The car door opened and I looked up to see Connor standing there. I looked away from him, avoiding his gaze. "Detective." I heard and I slowly looked up. "Yes, Connor?" I asked slowly. He didn't say anything as he stared, his gaze fixed on my left arm or lack thereof. "You look lovely, Sarah." He said. I stared at him, his eyes were studying mine. "Thanks Connor." I stuttered. I stared up at him before half my vision shook. I covered my right eye and looked down. "Detective, are you alright?" Connor asked and I nodded at him. I looked up to see dad looking at me. I waved him off.

I heard dad sigh and I turned to stare at him."Is everything alright, Lieutenant?" Connor asked. "Chris was on patrol last night. He was attacked by a bunch of deviants..." Dad looked right at me. He knew. "He said he was saved my Markus himself." Dad added. "Is Chris ok?" Connor asked and Dad stared back at me. "Yeah, he's in shook, but he's alive. What the hell?" dad said before walking up to the house. I stood there and Connor looked at me. "I'll stay here." I said to him. "Oh no, you're coming with us." Dad said.

I stood there, staring up at photo. My hand on the table as I looked up. "Nice girl." I heard dad say. "You're right, she's really pretty." I heard Connor say before I heard his shoes stop. "Amanda." I heard him whisper and I turned to look at him. He was taking it in before he looked down at me. "You alright Connor?" I asked. He blinked a few times. "I'm alright, Detective." He said and I nodded. I turned back to the photo.

"Miss Anderson, are you going to join up or just stand there all day?" Amanda asked. "No, I'm sorry." I said, before walking up to them. "You seem to be out in the middle of nowhere." Amanda said. "I'm sorry." I said again. "Will, you stop saying that?' Amanda asked. "Oh, leave her alone. You keep telling what she's doing wrong." Kamski said. "Well if she was my student, she won't make mistakes." Amanda said. "She's not your student." Kamski said. "Thank God for that." I heard Amanda mutter. Brushing it off and turned to Kamski. "Brian, wake up." Kamski said. Brain jumped and looked away form Kamski. "Sorry, sir." He said. "Get me a coffee, Brain. One for yourself too." Brain smiled and took off running. I heard the door close and he was gone.