Thank You For Saving Me

Dec, 15, 2038. 9:54 am

My boots kept my feet warm, although my toes curled slightly. The small worn hole under my big toe in my right shoe. A hot coco in my mitten hands as they rested on my legs. People ran or walked past us as my back rested on old wood of a beach.  "It's snowing again." I turned to Connor as he stared up at the sky. A flake of snow hitting his nose. I looked up and stared. "It's pretty, isn't it?" I asked. "It's nice." Connor said and I turned to face him. "Are you thinking about statistics again?" I asked him. He slowly nodded and I looked back up at the sky. "Are you not telling me so you don't freak me out?" I asked him. "That is correct." Connor said. I turned and stared at him. "Thank you." I said.

"It's still pretty though." I said, resting my head back. "Sarah, your nose is turning red." Connor said and hid my nose in my coat. "No, it's not." I said, muffed from the coat. "Detective." Connor said, trying to stop himself from giggling. I raised my head and stared at him. "Connor, are you laughing?' I asked and his LED turned red. "No." He said, turning away. I shoved my head back in my coat and Connor turned back to me. "Really Detective Connor, cause it seems to me that you're lying to me." I said, my voice still muffled. I pulled my coat down, giggling at myself. Connor's face was straight and flat. I stopped and dropped my shoulders. "What?" I asked slowly. "What's wrong?"

Connor quickly covered his mouth with his hands. "I didn't Detective. What's wrong?" He said, looked at me. I was trying not to laugh, but it wasn't working. I covered my mouth as I bent over giggling. "Sarah, you ok?" Connor asked as I held my body.  I turned my body and raised my right arm. "I'm fine." I said, as if my hand was talking. "Detective, this is childish." Connor pointed out. I sat up and stared at him. "Is it?" I asked with my left hand. He blinked a few times at my left hand as I giggled. He stared up at me and I slowly dropped my hands. "I'll stop." I said, before I grabbed my hot coco from my lap and held it to my lips.

"Did I tell you to stop?" Connor asked. I turned and his hand was next to my ear. My hot coco was now running down his face. He blinked a few times as I covered my mouth. "Oh, my god, Connor." I started. "I don't feel it, Detective." He said with his hand. I grabbed his hand and stared in his eyes. My other hand trying to whip the hot cocoa from his face. "I just spat in your face, I'm so sorry." I said, trying to get myself to stop laughing. "Then stop laughing, Detective." He said, with his hand. He was beginning to laugh again. "You keep talking to me with your hand." I said back to him. "And you haven't stopped laughing, Detective." Connor said to me. He turned his hand to himself and stared. "Do you think this is funny?" He asked his hand. "Nope." He said for his hand. "Well, you're the man one there." I said to his hand.

"Detective, that's not nice, you could hurt his feelings." Connor said and I stared at him. I stared at his hand and back to him. I slowly kept doing this. "I'm not going to say sorry to your hand before you ask me." I said to him. Connor smirked at me and I began to giggle. I heard my phone ring. I grabbed it and pulled it out of my pocket. It was a number, just a number, but I knew who it was. I groaned and walked away from the branch. I walked to the fence and stared at the water.

~~~~Connor~~~~

Sarah didn't look happy about the number on her phone. She walked away from me, letting my hand go. I looked up at her as she talked to the person on the other end. Her right hand was whaling around, she looked quite upset as her stress level was rising. "No, I'm fine. Stop telling me what to do. Everything is fine here." Sarah said before she turned to look at me for a moment. She turned away, her hand up by her mouth. "Yes, that happened. Who told you-- of care he did." She said, dropping her arm. "No, no. everything is fine." She said, before pulling the phone away from her ear. "Good...good...bye." She said, hanging up.