It was nothing

I stood there, staring at the stone, etched with his name. Flower long forgotten, withered away under the snow. I picked them out and tossed them aside. "I came back again. Like I said I would." I muttered, looking at the grave. I tilled my head, before looking up at the sky. "I always come back..." I trailed off. I dropped my head and stared back at the grave. "It's just so hard. Dad still drinking, I know he is. He hid some of his alcohol somewhere in his room. And Mother, she's not doing much--No, I told myself not to do this to you." I said. I sighed and put the bouquet I had on the grave. "I miss you. Everyday." I said. I turned and stared over my shoulder. I slowly pulled the flower I had out and walked down the pathway.

"I'm lost, Carl. I just wanted us to have peace, but everything I touch turns to dust." I heard as I walk. I stopped and turned, walking closer. "I'm lost. World's falling apart around me and I'm trying to do the right thing. And I can't find any answers." I stopped see him standing there. He looked so lost. "What should I do, Carl? They're killing us... I don't want violence with violence, but what choice do I have?" He asked as I walked closer. "I miss you, Carl. I miss you so much." He said and I put the flower on top of Carl's grave. I turned and gave him a sad smile. "Sarah." Markus said to me. "Hi." I said back to him. I stepped back to where he was.

"I'm glad to see you're alive." I told him, staring at Carl's grave. "I heard what happened. I'm sorry." I said, turning to look up at him. "Sarah..." He said and I blinked up at him. "Have you been crying yourself to sleep?" He asked me. I looked down and held my arm. "Only to wake up..." I trailed off. "That's not good--" "Markus... hug me." I told him and he stared at him. I watched as they got closer. "Don't look back. Just hug me, right now." I told him. I grabbed his coat and pulled his head to my shoulder. I rubbed his back. "I know, it's going to be painful." I said and the cops whose names I didn't know at this moment stared at me. "He'll be ok." I said and they walked away. I turned and watched them walk away.

"You just--" "It was nothing." I told him and he smiled at me. "No, Sarah. You just keep-- thank you, not just for that, but for Simon." He said. "Simon?... Oh the poor blonde that was shot." I said and Markus smiled at me. I heard my phone chime. I groaned and looked up at Markus, holding the phone in my hand. Knowing who is was, I had to take this. "I'm sorry." I told him. "It's okay." He told me. "Please be careful, Markus." I told him, putting my hand on his arm. I walked away from him and hit the button. "Hello?" I said. "Hello Sarah." I heard and I froze for a moment. Oh boy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat there, the walls were white. 'Cyberlife' wroten on the wall along side me. The other side was glass pains. There was something in my boot. I bent down and pulled it out and piece of metal came out. "Cheap boot." I muttered. I put the metal in my pants pocket. "Hello again Sarah." I turned my chair and stared at Brian. "Hi Brian." I said to him. "How's your eye?" he asked me. "Giving me headaches." I told him. "Have you tried closing your eyes?" He asked. Smart ass. "Doesn't work." I told him. "Well of course not. That would be stupid. It's a part, not your body." He said smiling. I kid, I kid. That's what he's going to say next.

"I kid. I kid." he said and I shook my head. I stared up at him as he walked over to the table. "I hope you know that Kamski isn't coming." He told me. Great. "That's fine." I said, smiling. He smiled at me and grabbed something. "What are you doing?" I asked him. "Oh, I need my keys. I forgot the arm. I'll be right back." he told me, before leaving. I stood up and walked to the window. Watching everyone walk around, working. Raising my head and looked outside. The sun had set and the lights around be almost as blinding as the sun. I looked away and turned back to the door. I watched as the handle turned and I quickly ran back to the chair. I sat down as he walked in. "This would be best if you don't move." he told me. "Where am I going to go?" I asked him calmly.