Team Anderson

I woke up and looked at the time. Three thirty. I got up and walked into my room. I need to find it. Opening drawers, throwing everything out. One draw started to fall and I caught it with my leg, holding it in the air. I tossed this things I had in my hand on the bed and lined it up the drawer. "Stop piece of--" It slipped and I quickly stepped back. There was a thud and I heard Sumo running down the hall. Sumo barked at me and I turned to him. "I'm fine Sumo." I told him. "I need that other arm." I muttered. Sumo walked off and turned back, looking again. "It has to be here somewhere." I mutter to myself. I turned and walked to the bed. Looked under the bed and sighed. I looked around before the dust when up my nose. I sneezed and hit my head on the frame. "Dammit." I said, sitting up.

I heard braking and I looked up to see Sumo on the bed. "Thanks Sumo, but I'm ok." I said, standing up and petting his head. Walking to the closet and opening the doors, one at a time. Pushing my clothes out of the way and looking around. You have to be here somewhere. I heard barking and I turned to Sumo. He was wagging his tail as he looked up at me. I walked closer and Sumo walked off the bed. I watched him as he went to dad's room. I followed after him and he looked down a box. I smiled at him and opened it. It was empty. "Great, looks like I have to go to work." I said and Sumo whimpered. "It's ok, I'll be back soon." I told him and I watched as he tail wagged again.

I walked into work and turned to see Dad sitting there. I walked up to him and stood there. "Not now--" "Dad." I said and he turned to me. "Where's-- what's wrong?" I asked. Dad didn't say anything. "Dad?" I asked again and he when into his desk. He handed me the arm and I stared at him. Footsteps could be heard and I turned to face Connor. He looked... sad? I looked back at back and forth. I stepped out of the way as Connor sat on dad's desk. I took the other chair. "We can't just give up like that. I know we could have solved this case." Connor said. "They took the case from you?" I asked, moving the chair. Connor turned to face me and nodded. "What-- what does that mean you, Connor?" I asked. "He'll return to Cyberlife." Dad said. "I have no choice. I'll be deactivated and analyzed to see why I failed." Connor said. "You didn't fail Connor." I said and he looked at me.

"What if we're on the wrong side, Connor? What if we're just fighting against people who just want to be free?" Dad asked and I turned to looked up at Connor. " When the Deviants raise up, there will be chaos. We could have stopped it... But now it's too late." Connor said and I could see his sadden face. Dad leaned back and stared up at Connor. "When you refused to kill that android at Kamski's place. You put yourself in her shoes. You showed empathy Connor. Empathy a human emotion." Dad said and I turned to look at dad. "I don't know why I did it." Connor said. "No one knows why they do anything." I said and Connor turned to face me. He smiled at me, not focused, not robotic. Genuine. I slowly smiled back at him, before he seemed sad again.

"You know." Connor said, turning back to dad. "I'm not programmed to say things like this, but I really appreciated working with you. With a little more time, who knows we might've even been friends." I smiled at Connor's words to dad. "Well, well, well, here comes Perkins. That motherfucker. Sure don't waste any time at the FBI." Dad said and I turned to see him. I groaned before turning back. "We can't give up. I know the answer is in the evidence we've collected. If Perkins takes it, it's all over." Connor said and I turned back to Perkins. "There's no choice. You heard Fowler, we're off the case." Dad said. I turned back to see Connor jump off the desk. "You've got to help my Lieutenant. I need more time so I can find a lead in this evidence we've collected. I know the solution is in there" Connor said.

"Listen Connor--" "If I don't solve this case, Cyberlife will destroy me. Five minutes that's all I ask." Connor said over dad. Dad stood up and looked at Connor. He walked over to me and took my arm. "The keys to the basement are on my desk." Dad said and I heard a click. I stared down and nodded. Dad and I quickly turned to Connor. "Get a move on, I can't distract him forever." Dad said to Connor. I turned and watched as Dad walked over to Perkins. "Perkins! You  fucking cocksucker!" Dad yelled and I watched as dad punched. My mouth hung agape as I just stared. "Stop it, Lieutenant!" Fowler yelled. Fowler looked at me and I just stared at him. "Stop your father." Fowler said to me. "I'm not his keeper." I said back. "Young lady." Fowler said back to me.